21: His Girl?

Sam's POV:

"Not just any girl, he got his girl!" Harry bhai teases with a wide smile, but I look at the phone, shocked and confused

Adhi and I set the pic we took at the beach as our wallpaper. We just liked the picture and decided on it but didn't think much of it.

I look back at them, still smiling, and I am still confused. "Who, me?"

"Yeah, you. How did you find her again?" Rahul bhai looks at me as if I just scored a century, while Harry bhai continues, "Haven't you been searching for her for months?"

Okay, someone tell me what the hell is happening?

I swallow hard, trying to piece together what they're talking about. "Uh-ah yeah, I did finally!" I say, trying to sound convincing. I literally have no idea but just go with the flow, I guess?

"What's her name?"

"How did you find her?"

"How did you guys meet?"

And just like that, a hundred questions are thrown at me while I have hundreds of my own. Did Adhi know me before our switch? How? Why hasn't he said anything before? I don't even know what to say, but I guess I have to create some story.

"Uh, her name is, um, Sam," I swallow a big lump formed in my throat, "We met at the beach.

She asked if we could take a selfie as she is such a huge fan of cricket. And that's it!"

Rahul bhai and Harry bhai exchange looks of confusion? Disappointment? I don't know which one. "But Adhi! Haven't you been searching for her for months?"

"You should have at least asked her for her number, idiot!" Harry bhai says, shaking his head in disapproval. "Haven't we taught you anything?"

"Geez, I didn't know how she would react. Pretty sure she would have freaked out if I asked for her number," I shrug, as if I'm not making up a whole damn excuse, which is really, really lame too.

We exchange looks, and those two start laughing while I add my forced laughter too, thinking this conversation is over. But Rahul bhai starts again, "Seriously, Adhi? You didn't ask for her number?" After a long pause, he adds, "So you expect us to believe that it wasn't her you were texting right now?" There's a big teasing smirk on their faces. God, please get me out of this!

Okay, fine, I will make up another story!

"Okay, okay. We met again in a mall, in the bookstore. We were speaking about different books, and then I asked her out!" I continue as I see them deeply listening, not willing to let go of this. "And then we exchanged numbers."

We exchanged bodies before that!

Shut up, consy!

*Scoff* Why should I? You're the one making up your fantasy stories! Do you think they would believe you guys meeting in a bookstore?

What? It's a dream for every book girlies like me! Right girls?! Now back to the story!

"We met a few times. And yeah, we had a great time. We talked a lot and got to know each other better. It was really nice."

Rahul bhai claps me on the back. "Good for you, Adhi! We're really happy for you."

"Thanks, guys," I say, trying to keep my composure. Inside, my mind is racing. I need to talk to

Adhi as soon as possible and get to the bottom of this.

After dinner, I excuse myself and rush back to my house. As soon as I'm in front of the building, I call Adhi and he picks up almost immediately.

"Adhi, we need to talk. Now."

"Yes, we do, Sameera Reddy," Adhi sounds serious.

Why TF does he sound serious?

Hello people!!

I'm sooo sorry for not posting last week!
Let me know if u like this chapter!
Any improvements, suggestions?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY!