𝒮ℯ𝒸𝓇ℯ𝓉 𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓇ℯ𝓇

✩₊˚

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Theodore snatched the bloodred rose from Y/n's hand with a angry motion. His brown eyes, usually so warm, were now blazing with a fierce anger. Y/n took a step back, trying to calm him down. „The letters are harmless," she said softly, attempting to defuse the situation.

Theodore's face twisted in frustration, his brow furrowing deeply. „Some fucker is sending you flowers and you wanna tell me it's harmless?" His voice was a mix of hurt and fury.

Y/n sighed, feeling the weight of the situation pressing down. Slowly, she reached into their pocket and pulled out the letter that came with the rose, handing it to Theodore Nott. His eyes narrowed as he unfolded the paper, the sound of crinkling breaking the heavy silence in the room.

He read the words out loud, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Thought of you at midnight.
Hope you're doing well.
Love, 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒆

He practically spat out the name.

Theodore's jaw tightened, the muscles in his face tensing visibly. „It doesn't take a genius to know what he was doing, while he was thinking of you at midnight." His voice was low, almost a growl filled with barely controlled anger.

Y/n looked away biting her lip, unsure of what to say. The room was filled with a tense silence. Theodore paced the room, the rose clutched tightly in his hand. „Do you think this is a joke? Some casual thing?" His voice was raw with emotion.

Y/n shook their head, finally finding their voice. „No, Theo, it's not like that. Fred... he's just an good friend."

Theodore stopped pacing, turning to face Y/n, his eyes searching theirs for any hint of deceit. „An old friend who sends you roses and love letters? At midnight?"

Y/n felt a lump in their throat, the words struggling to come out. „I didn't ask for this. I didn't even reply."

His expression softened just a fraction, but the hurt remained. „I just - I don't want to lose you."

Y/n stepped closer, reaching out to gently touch his arm. „You won't. I promise."

Theodore sighed, the tension slowly ebbing away, replaced by a deep weariness. He looked down at the rose in his hand, then back at Y/n. „Just no more secrets, okay?"

Y/n nodded, relief washing over them. „No more secrets." Theo pulled her into a tight hug, the rose falling to the floor, forgotten. The room, still filled with the scent of roses, now felt lighter.

𓆙