9 - You're not yourself.

{S's POV}

"Uzi...?"

Uzi began to laugh. Her laugh was maniacal and mad. She sounds insane...

"Uzi, what's wrong? How can I help you?"

"S... I'm... I'm sorry, just... RUN!"

Uzi was now grasping her head in an attempt to stop herself from giving in and harming me. I can't just leave her! "Uzi, I won't just leave you here!"

"S... please! Go while you still have..."

Uzi stopped talking. Her visor glitched and her normal eyes disappeared, the trademark X that was on every disassembly drone appeared in their place. "Uzi... please you can fight it!" I still had no clue what was happening or what it was that Uzi was fighting, but I was determined to help her in any way I could.

Uzi suddenly lunged at me, her new wings outstretched. "SHIT!" I was pushed out of the cabin by extreme force. I landed on the snowy ground, my visor cracked a little. I moved just as Uzi swiped her tail down where my head was a few seconds ago.

I used my wings to propel myself backward and into the air. "Uzi! Stop!" She didn't stop. Uzi kept lunging at me, each attack quicker than the last. The only thing I could do was run. I can't fight her. She's my best friend.

"Help! Anyone! Is anyone there?!" I yelled into the snowy darkness. I spun in a circle but I still didn't see anyone. I don't even know where I am. I'm in a dark snowy forest with no one but me and my possessed best friend. What a great sentence.

I heard a snapping sound behind me and I jerked to the left. It was as if time stopped. I could see Uzi's tail right next to my face. Her tail was unlike anything I've ever seen before. It was like there was a head instead of a venomous barb on the end of it. It looked like a dinosaur or a snake and it had sharp teeth and three purple eyes on each side of its head. It snapped at me as it flew by. That was close.

I spoke too soon.

Uzi's tail doubled back and bit my neck. I screamed in pain as it dug its teeth into me. I was thrown backward and into the air, landing with a hard thud. I groaned in pain, trying my best to get up but ultimately failing. Uzi kneeled over me, her visor now displaying the purple solver symbol. "Please... don't do this Uzi," I begged. "Fight it!"

"V! N! ANYONE!" I screamed. Uzi giggled. I tried to stab her with my tail barb but her dinosaur tail thing just bit it off and handed it to Uzi. Perfect. Just, perfect. Uzi held the barb high in the air, about to stab me. I closed my eyes bracing for the worst... but something pushed her off of me and sent her flying.

"S!"

I slowly opened my eyes and saw V kneeling beside me. "Are you okay?"

"V!" I grinned and hugged her tightly.

V grinned and hugged me back. "Where have you been? What happened?"

"I'll explain everything later, for now Uzi's gone crazy and I don't know how to stop her."

V looked over at Uzi and saw she was gone. "Where is she?" I looked around us but I couldn't see her anywhere. "Wait, where is everyone else?" I asked, referring to the campers and N. "Shit! I don't know!"

I thought for a second. "Wait! When I saw Uzi she was eating something... shoot it was Rebecca!" I yelled in realization. "She has a hunger for oil!"

"How is that possible? She's a worker!" "Well obviously not anymore!" I said, standing up shakily. Multiple error messages were popping up on my screen.

ERROR 014

ERROR 002

ERROR 017

ERROR 048

ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

REBOOT REQUIRED

WOULD YOU LIKE TO REBOOT?

YES

NO<

EMERGENCY REBOOT REQUIRED. HEAD SYSTEMS DAMAGED. COMMENCING EMERGENCY REBOOT.

SHUTTING DOWN IN T MINUS 30 SECONDS

"V... I-I'm gonna reboot. My s-ş̶̡̛͉̮̥̃͛̓̃̚͜ỳ̸̢̨̜͇͔͖̟͙̞̹̂̋͝ͅs̶̪̐͝t̷͈̰͌͑͛͐̈́́̿̎̅̕͝͝ę̴͖͚͍̫̘̮̒͛͗͂͗͒͝m̷̤͇̂̏͌̚s̴̡̛̖̉̀͒̾́̚ are trying to reboot because I d-d̶͇̟͈̰̑a̸̭̽͗̉̌̃̈́̒͑̈́̕͠m̶̛͚̬̟̣̓͒͗͋̄͗̈́͒̑̕͝͝a̴̡̘͉͔̹̭̳͖̓̈̃͜ģ̵̪̝͇̦͛͂̐̋̍e̵̼̠̬̘͈̙̹̳̺͎͎̎͗̿̿̈͊̏̓͂͛͂̇d̴̡̨̯͍̲̠̝͔͚̏͑͆̓͆̔̀̿̀͝͠ my h-head."

My voice glitched as I spoke.

T MINUS 15 SECONDS

"What? No! S we need you! I don't know what to do!"

"V, it'll be okay, You always find a way to solve things." S smiled. V stared at S with fear and uncertainty. "No I don't! I only know what to do because you're there with me!"

T MINUS 10...

"V... no, you're so brave and smart. I know you can figure this out. You're not alone. You have N... and I'll be back... Just promise me you'll try and you'll get help."

"BUT I WON'T HAVE YOU! I NEED YOU, S!"

5...

V̶̙̘͍̠̲͓̬͐.̶̪̣̠̗̦͈̦̟̲͉͉̇́̀̈́͊̐͠.̵͇̺̓̑͂̑̄͗͘͝͝.̵̪̬̯͎̯̋̉̈͐͌̆

4...

3...

"I... I don't know what to do without you... You're my best friend... I... I..."

I smiled at V.

2...

Ì̷̻̩͔̀̕͝ ̸̥͆̃l̷̯̜͓̔̆̓͜ớ̶͉̝̦̩̗͔̓̊̒v̷̡̛̪͓̹̄͛̈́̀͝é̸̙͔͜ ̴͈͕̊̀̈́͠͝y̸̫̩͕̋͛͋͂͐ǒ̴̩̠̇́̓̕u̸̧̹̣̳̅̈́͆͂̒̾ ̶̨̡̺̩̦͜͠ẗ̴͓̜̙̩͍̜́͌̍̔o̴̧̨̩̔̉͂͠ơ̶̘̯̝̆̕ ̶̫̭̺̟͚͆͊̂͛V̴̠͌̑̈́̆͝.̸̦̠͕͇͕̠͐̀̒.̶̯̳̩̲̩͋́̉.̴͔̱̘͙́̃

1...

REBOOT COMMENCING.

POWERING DOWN...

REBOOT... 1% COMPLETE TIME LEFT: 2 HOURS