[Fears to Fathom: Ironbark Lookout]

May 12, [][][][]

Hey, I noticed you were requesting story submissions while I was watching a YouTuber play 'Fears to Fathom: Carson House.'

What I'm about to recount happened when I was 24 or so at the time

Kaveh: "Someone who experiences unordinary experiences in their adult life, finally! I was starting to think that these sort of things were occurring to everyone who is under 20! Not that it's a big deal, but..."

Alhaitham: "Hm."

It feels kind of weird telling anyone about this because of the bizarre and absurd nature of the whole thing.

But I feel like doing so might help me process my memories of it

I knew that sharing this story anywhere else would be a dumb idea because people would say I was lying

As I'm writing this, this was the scariest experience of my life

Alhaitham: "It depends on how realistic the story is. If a 24 year old man says that his story might be a fake if this was shared to others, his experience must have been something that came out mostly fiction. Or whatever he saw must've looked like fiction, or something unnatural."

Kaveh: "My brain cell just died."

Alhaitham: "Pity."

Kaveh: "You are a bastard, I'll tell you that-"

I'm Jack Nelson, had a small job as a park ranger in a state park

Alhaitham: "Park ranger, huh? I suppose it doesn't sound too far off from a 'forest ranger.'"

I was a fire lookout stationed in one of the largest forests in the Pacific northwest.

Miles and miles of dense forest managed by the forestry service

Kaveh: "Sounds more 'forest ranger' than 'park ranger'..."

Alhaitham: "It's this world, we're not going to comment on that."

I had a salary that allowed me to make ends meet

But I couldn't afford to treat myself to restaurants, nice clothes, etc.

My biggest accomplishment so far was being able to buy an RV for myself with a lot of financial help from my dad

That RV was the only sense of home I had at the time.

Kaveh, humming in thought: "Imagine me in an RV instead of a house. Maybe I should get one too if Teyvat ever invents such things!"

This one time I was transferred from one outpost to another because of some official circumstances

It was a minor inconvenience to me though since I lived out of my RV and liked traveling.

I said a few goodbyes and I was off to the new location

It was about a two hour drive.

Alhaitham: "Great, a two hour drive."

Kaveh: "Hey, at least you're not the one driving!"

Alhaitham: "I know. I wish you luck on the driving."

Kaveh, waving his roommate off: "Psh! I'll get by quick! I'm a fast learner, of course!"