{The Closing Shift: Shift 4}

12月5日

A vision of an apple can be seen dropping before rolling away. A carton of milk lay on the ground alongside a banana and a cup of coffee. Many pictures were scattered on the dirty white futon. One picture was punctured by a screwdriver.

The two men then woke up as always.

Kaveh, uncomfortably stretching: "My limbs are so stiff..."

Alhaitham, walking towards the door: "We should head off now. *notices something slotted through the mail slot* Hm?"

Kaveh, watching his roommate pull out something from the door: "What are you doing?"

Alhaitham, straightening the paper: "There's another sheet of paper."

Kaveh: "Don't tell me it's from the stalker... *peers over Alhaitham's shoulder* what does it say?"

Alhaitham: "'I know her best. Maybe after your mother and father. I'll really be number one in time.'"

Kaveh, nodding: "Totally from the stalker... wait, but that means the stalker knows where we live!"

Alhaitham: "There's more to it. 'She talked to me. She picked up my phone and went out of her way to give it to me. I knew she felt the same way I did. We are in love. Today is our anniversary.' ..."

Kaveh, glancing at the letter and his roommate: "..."

Alhaitham: "It's the man that you gave the phone to earlier in the 'game.' He's the stalker."

Kaveh, clicking his tongue: "Figures; his way of saying 'thanks' back then was already a red flag! Now he's a whole red flag with this creepy stuff!"

Alhaitham: "We should've called enforcements on this man. But I don't think they would come to our aid, however. The game hadn't told us to do so."

Kaveh: "So what, we go to work and pretend this didn't happen??"

Alhaitham, putting the paper aside and opened the door: "We'll head to work, since that's the least we could do."

Kaveh, heading out with his roommate: "I am already dreading this... oh, it's snowing!"

Alhaitham, looking around at the falling snowflakes: "It's snowing today out of all days?"

Kaveh, trying to catch a snowflake with his hand: "This is so... cool. Beautiful! Amazing! We haven't had snow in our humid Sumeru City in ages! Not like it ever snows in Sumeru, though."

Alhaitham, looking at the white fluffy snow on the ground: "So this is snow... it's not much."

Kaveh: "Snezhnaya has a lot of snow, now thinking back on it. Probably more than the amount we have here. Ooh look Alhaitham! This snowflake has an intricate design!"

Alhaitham, walking down the stairs with his roommate: "Of course an artist would be interested in snowflake designs."

Kaveh, rolling his eyes: "That's not a bad thing!"

Alhaitham: "I didn't say it was. If you're done studying the snowflakes then hurry up."

When they finally reached the car, they went to activate it. But then smoke started to come out of the hood, which rang alarm bells in their minds; something's wrong with the vehicle.

Alhaitham: "I assume that the car had somewhat malfunctioned?"

Kaveh: "Oh my Archons. Damn. Yeah it appears so... it'll probably take a long time to fix a vehicle too! But then how do we head to work? We have nothing to use."