{Prologue to The Closing Shift}

Woah. Lol hi

System: **spawning characters Alhaitham and Kaveh once again!**

Not expecting it, the two men from Sumeru on Teyvat ended up being in the dark void once again after copious amounts last time. The portal opened up, and it shot out their bodies into the void. Rather than landing -like last time, it was as if they immediately entered space; a mysterious place with no gravity. They floated around, still stunned about what had just happened.

System: "Welcome, Alhaitham and Kaveh. Please do not be frightened. I am called 'the System' and I have been coded to send you two here to act as the selected player of the game series named 'The Closing Shift.'"

Kaveh, snapping out of his reverie and shouted at nothing: "You again?!"

Alhaitham, slightly irritated: "And I was just peacefully reading a novel in my study."

Kaveh: "Wait- what did it just say?"

Alhaitham: "I... assume it mentioned us having to 'play' another of its games again."

Kaveh, already done with this: "Oh [eff] this! Why us, and why make us do this crap again?!"

System: "The Closing Shift is mainly a survival game, but also includes the theme of horror. This was created not from the creator of Fears to Fathom but another. You are playing as a female protagonist working as a barista in a coffee shop. Play accordingly. You will each be issued a watch like before. The phones are not needed for this game, since the creator is different from the last game. Thank you for your cooperation and good luck. Should you have any concerns, I will attend to it."

The System didn't wait for any reply before it made the sound that indicated disconnection. The two men, not wanting to do this but had to against their consent, looked at each other. They are still floating around in the black void, but unusually unbothered by it. Then a blue strand of light wrapped around their wrists and the watches spawned in, the exact same from the last game. Before they could speak to each other, a portal appeared again and uninvitingly sucked them into the game.

The System, the entire time, had not returned.