{The Closing Shift: Shift 3}

11月27日

The two men woke up from their uncomfortable slumber in the protagonist's apartment. They forgot where they were for a moment before realizing they had to go to the coffee place to work.

Kaveh, descending down the ladder, still tired: "Off... to work?"

Alhaitham, taking the keys with zero enthusiasm: "Let us head off."

Kaveh, suddenly rushing to go after Alhaitham: "Hey wait a minute, Alhaitham! I need to put on my shoes!"

Alhaitham, leaving the protagonist's apartment room, twirling the car keys with a nonchalant expression: "We're already late again, Kaveh. Hurry up."

Kaveh, hopping out behind Alhaitham while trying to put on his left shoe, exasperated: "At least slow down will you? You're walking too fast for someone who just woke up!"

Alhaitham, stopping for a moment so his roommate can catch up: "You just need to move around more, perhaps."

Kaveh, finally reaching his roommate who already started descending downstairs: "Says the guy who reads books sitting down! And I do move around! How would I get to my clients to complete my commissions, huh?"

Alhaitham, narrowing his eyes: "With a sumpter beast?"

Kaveh, baffled: "Wha- not always! That's in case I need them for long trips in the forest or desert! Anyways-"

All of a sudden - as soon as they reached the final set of stairs down, something zoomed in front of them with such speed that both men let out a noise of surprise. If either of them had stepped foot out, they'd be sent flying towards the ground. That 'something,' though...

Kaveh, startled so much he jumped back onto the stairs and slipped: "Agh! Ow! Geez!!! Give us a warning next time, will it?!"

Alhaitham, who did a flinch that went unnoticed: "It's a lady with... a..."

Lady with a baby stroller, crossing her arms as she glared at them: "Watch where you're going! Jesus... young ones these days..."

Kaveh, groaning in pain: "With little offense, ma'am, but maybe you should watch where you're going too!"

Alhaitham, walking around the lady who is still crossing her arms: "We should go."

Kaveh: "I'm coming too! ... Why is the baby naked-"

Alhaitham: "Kaveh."

Kaveh, exasperated at Alhaitham rushing him: "I'm here, I'm here!"

Alhaitham, tossing the keys: "Good. You're driving today."

Kaveh, catching it one-handedly and then opened the driver's door: "Who would've thought you'd be the one rushing me..."

Alhaitham: "It isn't the first time."

The two of them entered the protagonist's car and drove to the coffee place. Meanwhile, from a distance away, someone watches them quietly among the shadows.

The two men reached the store and left the car to go in. Entering from the front, they received the same pop-up window to talk to their co-worker. He wasn't standing by the counter like the previous time, so they headed to the office. Sure enough, he was standing in front of the lockers staring. At the lockers. Nobody knows why, as far as the two men know.