{The Closing Shift: Shift 5}

12月17日

Another vision in the perspective of the stalker. He watches the female protagonist through the drive-thru window as she works... without context, she might've been scared considering how fast she turns her head multiple times.

The two men then woke up in her apartment again and started to head to work again as usual. However, this is the last time they will ever be safe from the danger that approaches.

Kaveh, walking out of the protag's apartment room with his roommate, suddenly shivering: "Brr~"

Alhaitham, closing the apartment door before going towards the stairs: "Do you have the keys?"

Kaveh: "Yeah, except why am I holding onto them? It's your turn to drive!"

Alhaitham, not having the energy to even give a remark back: "Alright. Pass them to me."

Kaveh, giving his roommate the car keys: "Here."

They descended down the stairs, adding a remark and comment here and there (mostly Kaveh). On the way down, they can hear some heavy noise coming from somewhere nearby.

Alhaitham, stopping to look up and around the last flight of stairs: "What's that sound?"

Kaveh: "You think I know?!"

Alhaitham: "Hm..."

Kaveh, anxiously looking around: "How about we just head to the car before something bad happens?"

They continued walking to the car when the noise continued at a constant pace. They had no idea what the noise was. By the time they went further away from the stairs, the sound slowly tuned out. Whoever it was might've been near the stairs (or maybe somewhere else) and chose not to follow them.

The car was apparently fixed, so then they drove off to the coffee shop.

Kaveh: "Alrighty, so now we go in!"

Alhaitham, entering the shop and looking around: "No sign of our co-worker."

Kaveh: "For real?"

Alhaitham, glancing at the watch, expecting some sort of notification: "... Perhaps so."

Kaveh: "Hm, alright then. Not that I'm complaining. Let's get to work, shall we?"

Before they could even start, a sound of a siren of some sort came from the outside. A vehicle pulls up. The two looked at each other with equal confusion when the front doors opened. A familiar figure entered with his long tan coat.

Hasaku: "So my suspicions were true. I'm glad you contacted me."

Kaveh: "It's the investigator from the first shift!"

Alhaitham, crossing his arms: "So the female protagonist had contacted him after days of being stalked. I suppose it's about time he comes back."

Kaveh, not knowing what to say: "Well, he's here now so..."

Hasaku: "Calling the police won't help. All they'll do is brush things off to lessen their workload. Which is why you have people like me."

Alhaitham: "I suppose it's an... admirable trait."

Kaveh: "That's new, coming from you."

Alhaitham, blankly staring at Kaveh: "........."

Kaveh: "Look, I had nothing to say either-"