{The Closing Shift: Shift 2}

11月15日         (that means 'Month 11, Day 15' according to Google)

There is a cutscene... more rather (in this case) a vision. You see yourself looking up at the ceiling, a pile of boxes on one side of your view. You just kept staring... and staring... what for?

And then they woke up in the protagonist's apartment.

Kaveh, stretching his aching back, groaning: "I seriously can't- ugh. This bed is too small for us!"

Alhaitham, picking up the car keys he found: "We have to get to work, Kaveh."

Kaveh: "Well now who's driving?"

Alhaitham: "I'll do it."

Kaveh, shrugging: "Okay. Fine by me."

They left the apartment and descended to the ground floor. Nothing too amiss happened on their way to the car, fortunately. They entered the car and they were on their way to the cafe shop.

Alhaitham, thinking aloud: "If Teyvat could make cars, I'd get the license to drive one."

Kaveh, humming: "Honestly, I'd have to agree. It's easier to get to places. How long do people pave roads here?"

They arrived at the coffee shop in no time and got out of the car. The area still seemed as if it had rained... unless it was overlooked by the game developers? They entered through the front door and saw Funahashi-senpai standing by the counter looking a bit disgruntled.

(Put away my stuff and talk to Senpai 0/2)

Kaveh: "We're getting another scolding, aren't we?"

Alhaitham: "It seems so."

Funahashi Senpai: "Hey, seriously? You're late again. Did you oversleep?"

Kaveh: "Well sorry we're late, but at least we're here now, right??"

Also Kaveh, who's words ended up distorting to: ""I'm... so sorry...""

The room lit up for half a second. Outside the store parked a vehicle. Of course, no one noticed the slight flash of the room since two of them were being lectured by their co-worker.

Funahashi Senpai, mocking the voice of the female protagonist: "No, not 'I'm so sorry~' I want you to NOT. BE. LATE."

A random guy who seemed elderly came in and had not bothered to interrupt their conversation, although he watched it happening. Funahashi seemed to see him and went to finish the conversation.

Funahashi Senpai: "This is the second time."

Kaveh, who really didn't wish to sound pathetic in his apologies: ""I'm sorry...""

Alhaitham, muttering to himself: "This protagonist sounds... weak-hearted."

Kaveh: "Really makes me feel pathetic since I'm the one saying this...!"

Funahashi Senpai: "A little more enthusiasm would help, don't you think? Why don't you ask your mama to wake you up?"

Kaveh: ""...""

Kaveh, twitching his eye at those words: "You bastard-"

Alhaitham: "..."

Funahashi-senpai didn't wait for the protagonist to respond before leaving the counter area. He went through the office, through the back, and exited the store altogether. The two men watched him go, not liking him by the second.

Kaveh: "I will punch that man if I have to, honestly!"

Alhaitham: "We have a customer to attend to, Kaveh. Let's start our shift."