-25-

Roselyn__

I scrolled through my Instagram page, I posted the cover of my book few days ago. The number of likes and comments on that post is quite encouraging. I was currently reading the comments and replying to some.

Some people asking when the book will be available and how to purchase it. The book is already available for sale but will be sent out tomorrow. We already have orders coming in from libraries across New Jersey.

I began working on a second book, Her Bloom. Wherever my love life lead to, that's where I'll pen down.

"Hey, pumpkin!" My dad walked into my room. I didn't even know when he arrived. I raise a questioning brow at him.
Pumpkin?
New nickname?

As if he could read my mind, he said, "I have to bring up something new at times. By the way, your mum came across Mrs. Storm." I tensed at the mention of Asher's mum. I know they live here in New Jersey but I don't have not crossed paths with them.

"What-what did she say?" I stuttered at the thought of her painting me black.
Does she hate me like her son does?

"She invited us over on thanksgiving." I frowned at that. Maybe she just invited my parents and not me.
"Is that all?" I found myself inquiring more. Something in me wants to know so badly how she pictures me as.

The girl who cheated on her son?
The girl who shattered her son?
The girl who thrashed her son's life?

"She invited us to Charlotte's wedding. Wow, they grow up so fast. The wedding is on Saturday and Thanksgiving is in two weeks. I came to inform you and Rose---no excuses. I want you there. From your mum, Grace said Charlotte would love you there. We are going just like the old times, my dear. I know you are scared of facing Asher but I need you to do one thing for me."

At the mention of that last part, I looked up to meet my father staring down at me with some emotions in his eyes, I couldn't decipher.

"What dad?" I dared to ask the question I knew very much what the answer was going to be. But yet, I still brace myself for what is to come.

"Talk to him. He needs to know. You could keep Michelle's father out of it, his name rather but tell him." My shoulders sag at that. I knew this was gonna come out somehow.

"I will."

***

You free?

I stared at the text that popped up on my screen from Asher.
Yes, Asher.
I haven't spoken to Asher since I last saw him in church.
It's been a week and two days.
Yes, I've been counting.
Well, when we got back to his home, he didn't speak to me. It was like I was suddenly invisible.

Was he scared I'll judge?
Did he think I'll see him in a different light?
I love him so much to do that.

I know people fall out with God but I'm not the judge of that.
I can't judge him, I'm not God.

During, the week, we sold over a thousand copies of my book. I was over the moon. Reviews have been left in my message box on Instagram. I wonder how they'll react if they knew it was about me, my life with Asher before everything went down the drain.

Asher...

I glance back at my screen. I didn't give a reply, so I typed in one.

Yes, I am.

I threw the phone on the bed, laying my head on my fluffy pillow. I caught a glimpse of the time on my wall clock and it read 3:57pm.

My phone dinged with a message, I hurriedly reached for it.