-32-

Asher___

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." I cradle my wife's face and placed a soft, lingering kiss on her lips. I retract from our kiss staring into her beautiful eyes. Into the same eyes that captivated me, same ones I got lost in when I first laid my eyes on her.

I can't believe this day is already here. I can't recount how many times I pictured how she would look walking down the aisle to meet me with a beautiful smile on her face.

Today, she graced my eyes in a beautiful white ball gown, extending a tail behind her. Even while covered in her veil, I could still make it out that smile, I love on her.
I recall when her dad placed her hands in mine he said, hurt her again and you'll never see her again.

***

"May God bless your new home.
The plans of the wicked shall not prosper. I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness together. May your marriage be filled with laughter, joy and endless love. Congratulations on finding your soulmate and best friend. Cheers to a beautiful journey together as husband and wife. May your love story be as timeless as your wedding vows. May God continue to bless both of you and keep you together. May He also keep the wicked away from you both. May God also help you both to be understanding and forgiving of human weaknesses and failings. May the lord bless your marriage with peace and happiness and make your love beautiful to His glory. Congratulations Mr and Mrs. Asher Reign Storm. God bless you. Cheers to my favourite couple."

Magdalene, Rose's manager, blessed our union with words of prayer. I got to know from my wife that she has already rooted for us both, prayed for us like she was a mother. I'm grateful, not 'cause she prayed but because God didn't let her prayers go in vain.
Look where I am now, having the first dance with my beautiful wife.

"You looked beautiful today, my love." I smile down at her.
"Today? So how about other days, a messy ball?" My body rumble with laughter, she looks so effortlessly beautiful in my arms. I could remain this way forever, her in my arms, don't forget about Elle.

"You have always been pretty to me, but today, you look effortlessly beautiful in this dress and quite irresistible." She blushed at the compliment, shying away from me. She has her face hung low like she didn't want me knowing her reaction.

Too late, my love.

"It all feels surreal, you, me and Elle as a beautiful family. I just can't believe it. I'm glad we have come this far." I let my hands wonder to her face, caressing her cheeks softly. Placed my fingers under her chin, lifting her face up to meet mine. She had her eyes fixed on me that I began feeling a little hot.

"You, me and Elle will always be a family. It's real, princess. I'm grateful to God cause without His interventions, I would have still been wallowing in my sorrows. Probably would have become a priest by now." She laughed at my remark. I love putting a smile on her face, it makes her appear ethereal.

"It's safe to say, I'm glad we found each other again. Last year was the most emotionally draining year of my life." She shook her head at the memories of everything that happened last year.

From running away from NY in hopes of never bumping into Rose to meeting her in the city, I least expected her to be in. Fall in love with Elle and was captivated by her bubbly nature. She had the ability to put a smile on my face without much effort.

Each day, I looked forward to hearing from her as she brightened up my day. Not forgetting the fact that I had hopes of catching even the faintest sound of Rose's voice.

Finally putting the past aside, finding out that her drink was spiked by Jasper and Anthony was the father of our daughter.
Speaking of Anthony, I saw him somewhere around, smiling at Elle, she was talking to him. Rose tried explaining things to her in the way she could comprehend and Elle agreed to meet Anthony.

I watched them interact whilst dancing with my wife. As of now, people had joined the dance floor.

"Aren't they cute? Elle has his hair texture and his chin. I'm glad she got majority of her features from me." She had a bright smile plastered on her lips, a smile slowly crept up to my face. Anthony pleaded with me earlier on and I agreed to let go off the past and let him have some moments with his daughter. It's the least we could do.

"Elle seems to be enjoying his company. He got her a chocolate bar, I see." Elle was happily munching on her chocolate bar, paying rapt attention to Anthony speak.
I wonder what he's telling her. I hope it's not one of my childhood stories, if not, Elle's not gonna let me live with it.

"He stole her heart with the chocolate bar." I agreed with her.
"Can I have this dance?" My father stood beside us, asking for a dance with my wife. I was about protesting. I just want to have this moment with my wife.
I'm being dramatic at the moment.

"Asher, I'll like to dance with your father besides my grandmother is here."
I nodded in understanding and we switched partners. Charlotte waved at me from her seat, my sister is expecting her first baby. I'm happy for her.

I just wish Emily was alive to see all this, she would have been on top of the world.
Our number one support system.
I'm sure, she's smiling down at us from heaven.

***

"I know you'll take good care of her." She smiled at me after placing a kiss to my cheeks. Rose has such loving family. I help her grandmother back to her seat as we exit the dance floor.

The reception went by quickly, I was standing in-between Dean and Anthony, Keith just walked up to us.
"Congratulations man, I'm so happy for you." Keith shook my head and pulled me into a bro hug.

"You are lucky to have such a beautiful and caring soul as a wife. Your home is blessed. Thank you for caring for my daughter, I can't thank you enough. Most especially, I'm grateful you let me get close to her. Thank you, Asher."

He smiled nervously staring at me. I raised a brow at him , this isn't the Anthony I know. I pulled him into a bear crushing hug.

"I'm glad you found Christ. It's about time," I had a genuine smile on my face, we all laughed.
"Michelle, the little trouble is running over here." Dean whistled, I couldn't duck in time, she already saw me.

"Daddy! Time for pictures!"
"Yes sweat pea."
"Darling."
Both I and Anthony said it together. Once she realised, she had her hands covering her mouth, stifling a giggle.

"This is daddy." She pointed at me, "and this is dad," she added referring to Anthony. He stared sweetly at her, we are lucky to have her. I know he thought same.

"You both are the best daddies in the whole world. Now come on, time for pictures." She pulled us both along with her, Dean smiled at us.
"Don't tell mummy I said that." She suddenly stopped turning to us with her little finger placed on her lips.

"Too late, princess. I heard you." I couldn't help chuckling at her presume sneaking attempt.

###
And with that, Starlight has come to an end.

Thank you all for sticking around, I'm grateful.

I'll be editing the book at this point, if you see any new notification just know it's because I published the edited part.

You can leave your review of the book at the comment section, I'll read it all and reply to them.

Dedicating this chapter to curlygurl_tales
Thank you for your votes and kind words.

I entered this book into Watty awards 2024. I hope to win, even if I don't, I'll be glad I got to participate.

God bless you all.
I love you 💞🤍.