-30-

Asher___

"I just got a call from the guys I used to be friends with." I said to my girl.
"Who are they?" She asked with a tilt of her head to the right. Rose came over with Elle a little early today. We were having a little get together party with friends from college and so. Naomi and her kids came over, she said she wouldn't miss such a party. It was like an engagement party, I convinced Rose for me to host it.

I need to let those people see that God has perfect timing. If God wants anything or anyone in your life, he'll push you through until you get there or meet them.
That's what happened to me. I'm forever grateful.

Maria has been attached to my hips since she arrived. Elle complained of sharing her dad, well me, with her.
Oh dear, I'm not complaining.
No one else is gonna take up that space of a daughter apart from your siblings to come.
Not even Maria.

"You know their names?"
"Actually, I do. Jasper, Anthony, Keith and yes, Susan. I miss Susan though, it's been ages. How can I forget, Dean and his family." Since I let out those names, she's been silent. We were decorating the living room. I dropped the balloons, catching a glimpse of my girl. She had the balloon in her hands, looking absent minded.

I know one of those names I uttered has to be Elle's father.
"Jasper and Anthony, they-they really are coming?" The moment she said those words, it confirmed my suspicions. I know who Peter Madison is.
"Babe, who is he?" She walked into my arms, wrapped hers tightly around me. I return her hug with my arms securely wrapped around her.

"You'll be alright. I'll be here with you." I reassured her, running my hands through her hair.
"You won't let me be by myself this time, will you?" Her voice came out as a whisper. I reassured her once again. I don't want history to repeat itself. I left her that day, I'm not doing that this time.

***

"Asher!" Susan yelled out my name crashing into my arms.
"How have you been?! Where's Rose?" She started frantically searching for my fiance from behind my back. Speaking of Rose, she walked in with a bowl of fruits in her hand, dressed in a long sleeved, V-cut, silk evening gown.
She looks beautiful as always.

"Jasper didn't join you?" Rose asked with no emotion on her face. Jasper happens to be Susan's husband.
Why is she asking for Jasper?
"He will be stepping in anything soon. He went to get something or so he said." She nodded her head twice, dropping the bowl on the table and walking out.
Strange.

Susan shared a look with me. I'm confused as you are, girl. I excused myself running after Rose.
"Rose, what's the meaning of what you did back there?" She ignored me. I grit my teeth at her behaviour. What's wrong with her?

"Are you mad at Susan or what?" I pressed further.
"I don't hate anyone, Asher. I'm not mad either. I'm just embracing myself for what is to come or should I say who?" She raised a brow at me.
"Don't take another step. I know you are extremely aggregated at the thought of facing our daughter's biological father. I am going to be there with you. I won't let him hurt you. No one is taking Michelle away from us. No one."

I mutter the words of reassurance to her. She had her eyes closed and lips pressed into a thin line. Nothing is gonna happen to you, baby. No one is taking Elle away from us.

***

"Hey, look at me. This is your day, don't let anything hold back your happiness. Damien is here, he came with a cop. So if he tries to do anything, we are gonna have him arrested. So cheer up, darling. Celebrate your special day, alright?" Naomi offered words of encouragement to her sister. She flashed a charming smile at her which she returned back.