Summer

Harry POV:

I clutched my stomach as I felt my feet touch the ground. I still hadn't gotten used to Apparition. Percy, on the other hand, looked as though we hadn't even Apparated. I looked up, a smile on my face as I gazed at the familiar house in front of me. We had arrived at the Burrow. I began walking towards the house before stopping, looking back to see Dumbledore speaking quietly to Percy, who had a grave but determined look on his face. Probably something for the Order. I was still annoyed that I couldn't be a part of the Order, but I understood why. After a bit of back and forth between the two, Dumbledore stopped talking and bid us both farewell before disappearing with a crack. Percy walked over to me and we began walking towards the house. I was glad to see that Percy seemed to be doing better than what the others had told me. Based off what I saw last year at the Ministry and the things I'd heard in Ron and Hermione's letters, I was expecting Percy to be cold, heartless, and emotionless, as he had been previously. Although he didn't seem like the same person he was before he disappeared, he looked better. He was healing from whatever horrors he had endured during his time away.

'So... how are you?' I asked awkwardly.

He let out a small chuckle. 'Been better. If I'm being honest, I've been cooped up in my room the entire summer, not saying a word to anyone. But I'm sure you've heard all that, haven't you?'

'Er — yeah. But you don't seem...'

'Like some sort of zombie?' He let out another laugh. 'Yeah, I spoke with an old friend a few weeks back and finally snapped out of it. I'm not exactly good as new, but I'm doing my best.

We stopped speaking as we reached the door. I noticed the smell of the sea and glanced at Percy. Well, where Percy would have been. He had disappeared. I guess he didn't want to deal with the crowd of Weasleys that were probably waiting to greet me. I knocked three times, in the pattern we had all been told. The door swung open, revealing a surprised looking Mrs. Weasley.

'Harry, dear! Goodness, you gave me a fright, I was told not to expect you before morning!' she exclaimed, ushering me into the house. I looked around and saw that Mrs. Weasley was not alone, despite the lateness of the hour. A young witch with a pale, heart shaped face and mousy brown hair was sitting at the table clutching a large mug between her hands.

'Wotcher, Harry.'

'Hi, Tonks.'

I noticed she looked fatigued, even ill, and there was something forced in her smile.Her appearance was certainly less colorful than usual without her customary shade of bubble-gum-pink hair.

'Well, I'd better be off," she said quickly, standing up and pulling her cloak around her shoulders. 'Thanks for the tea and sympathy, Molly.'

'Dear, why not come to dinner at the weekend, Remus and Mad-Eye are coming — ?' Molly asked as she opened the door for Tonks.

"No, really, Molly . . . thanks anyway. Good night.' Tonks hurried past Molly and I into the yard. A few paces beyond the doorstep, she turned on the spot and disappeared with a crack. I looked back and noticed that Mrs. Weasley looked troubled. I decided it was probably the stress of everything going on. Who could really blame her, these were dark times we were living in.

After exchanging a few more words with Mrs. Weasley, I made my way inside and into the kitchen. Mrs. Weasley insisted I have something to eat and who was I to refuse free food?

-

After I ate, I decided to get a few hours of sleep before everyone else woke up. I thanked Mrs. Weasley for the meal and made my way upstairs, headed towards the room that Ron and I had shared over the previous summers. I passed a few empty rooms, most likely belonging to the older Weasley children. As I passed by the rooms, I was suddenly met by the smell of the sea, along with a hushed voice coming through one of the closed doors. Percy. But who was he talking to? As far as I knew, the only people currently staying at the house were the Weasleys, Hermione, and Percy, of course. Could there be another person staying at the Burrow? I went to knock on the door and see who this mystery person was but decided against it. We're going to be living in the same house, after all, so I'd definitely notice if there was another person in the house. I let my thoughts take over as I entered Ron's room and slumped on the bed that had been set up for me, falling asleep almost instantly.