Prologue

fade in to the full moon in a starry night sky.

Tilt down slowly to street level, framing a city street corner where a restaurant stands.

The brightly lit windows pick out the silhouettes of a roomful of customers, and their muffled, heated conversation is heard even at this distance.

As the camera zooms in slowly, a set of female voices gradually makes itself heard, vocalizing a five-note phrase; dissolve to a booth inside, where a teenage boy and girl are arguing.

Zoom out slightly and pan across other quarreling patrons to the tune of a second phrase, framing a greenish mist swirling at floor level, then cut to a long shot of a corner booth and zoom in.

The camera angle picks out one of the singers: a girl with pale yellow skin that bears a faint greenish tinge, her eyes closed and shadowed in a darker hue.

She wears jeans and a sweatshirt whose hood is pulled up to cover her hair and cast her face in shadow, and her hands are raised as if to cover something on her chest as she rocks slowly back and forth.

A second, similarly attired figure sits facing her; the table between them is the only one in the whole restaurant that is completely bare.

As the voices repeat the two phrases, the camera cuts to an extreme close-up of the yellow girl’s chest; her hands partially cover a large red gem that hangs around her neck as a pendant. It glows feebly as the mist swirls up to it and is absorbed.

A zoom out frames two girls sitting across from her—one with pale gray-violet skin, the other pale blue; each also wears eyeshadow in a darker tint of her skin color.

All three have their hoods up and wear the red-gem pendants, and they rock in their seats while they sing.

The three jewels glimmer briefly as they fall silent; cut to the additional two girls’ side.

The gray-violet one lowers her hood, exposing hair tied into two very long pigtails high on the back of her head with large star barrettes.

Her hair is purple, shot through with streaks of light green.

Two large purple eyes train themselves across the table as this girl—Aria Blaze—groans and speaks with a petulant, slightly congested tone.

Aria: That was barely worth the effort, Adagio. I’m tired of fast food. I need a meal.

During this line, the blue-skinned girl puts her own hood down, exposing a worried countenance marked by deep red-violet eyes and medium blue hair gathered into an equally long ponytail.

Two streaks of dark blue run its full length, and her hairline is cut to descend from her temples to a low point over her nose. This is Sonata Dusk.

Next the girl Aria has addressed, Adagio Dazzle, drops her hood to reveal a mass of fluffy orange hair marked by lighter highlights and held back by a spiked band, as well as eyes that are nearly the same shade as Sonata’s.

Her voice is that of the girl who will brook no argument with her plans.

Adagio: The energy in this world isn’t the same as in Equestria. (Zoom in.) We can only gain so much power here.

Aria: (groaning loudly) I wish we’d never been banished to this awful place! (Back to Adagio.)

Adagio: (smiling, with fake perkiness) Really? I love it here. (She drops the act with a grimace.)

Sonata: (from o.s.) For realsies?

Her tone gives her away as probably not being the brightest bulb in the box; cut to her and Aria’s side again.

Sonata: Because I think this place is the worst.

Aria: I think you’re the worst, Sonata.
Sonata: Oh, yeah? Well, I think you’re—

Pan across to Adagio, who voices a fed-up groan and puts a hand to her forehead. A low rumble of thunder starts to build in the distance.

Adagio: I’ll tell you one thing. Being stuck here with you two isn’t making this world any more bearable.

The end of this line comes through gritted teeth; after she finishes, a great flash of white light erupts behind the hills outside and gives way to a column of energy pouring up toward the sky.

Adagio turns to the window, the reflection of this phenomenon playing across her eyes as she opens them wide in surprise; cut to just outside the restaurant’s front entrance.

She rushes out to the sidewalk, a sudden wind blowing past her as Aria moves to follow; the light column has subsided to a glow behind the hills, from which a double helix of rainbow light lances up into the clouds.

Adagio can only stare openmouthed as a beam of this multicolored power shoots straight and true from the high end, connecting with a flash against something behind the hills and ricocheting into the heavens.

Fade to white, then in to a close-up of Adagio’s pendant. It gleams briefly, the camera zooming out to frame all of her, and she looks up with a gasp.

Adagio: Did you feel that?

Confusion gives way to a malicious grin; cut to frame all three girls now on the sidewalk.

Adagio: Do you know what that is? (Shrugs and noncommittal noises from the others; she grabs Aria’s shirt.) It’s Equestrian magic!

Aria: (pushing Adagio’s hands away) But this world doesn’t have Equestrian magic.

Adagio: (walking away) It does now. And we’re going to use it to make everyone in this pathetic little world adore us.

Her comments and the light show tell what is on the other side of those hills—Canterlot High School, at the moment of Sunset Shimmer’s defeat near the end of Equestria Girls.

On the end of the previous line, she stops and rests one hand on her hip, the others moving up on either side and adopting smiles of her own.

Zoom in slowly on Adagio’s pendant, the background fading away to leave only the red gem against a black field.

[Intro]

Pretend Rose is on the intro