[2]

The wild-haired guitarist starts into a riff. Cut to Sunset, walking through the lobby with a hand raised in greeting.

Sunset: Hi! Are you the girls I’m supposed to show around?

The camera cuts to them—three in number: Adagio, Aria, and Sonata.

They have shed their hooded sweatshirts and are standing in the partial shadows thrown by the light coming in through the front doors. Zoom out to frame all of them as they step into fuller light.

Adagio: purple leotard-style garment with shorts attached and a short-sleeved, light violet shawl; purple boots with studded gold ankle bands; light violet fingerless gloves and matching tights, the latter marked with darker triangular patches; studded gold belt whose buckle is shaped like a large gem; each leg of her shorts set with a light violet treble clef and a yellow gem.

Aria: pale yellow, fitted sleeveless top under an open, cropped green shirt whose sleeves have been ripped away; magenta tights with glitter down each hip; darker magenta boots and matching double belt with a star buckle; three bracelets in this color on each forearm.

Sonata: short-sleeved, dark red-pink jacket with lighter-hued collar/cuffs/lapels and light blue front accents; pink skirt; knee-high boots in a lighter red-pink than the top with still lighter tops and toes; a spiked bracelet visible on the arm not held behind her back.

Adagio: We are. (Long shot of the four; slow pan across the lobby.)

Sunset: Canterlot High is a great school. You’re really gonna love it. (She moves toward a side staircase; cut to the three.)

Adagio: Oh, yes. (They follow.) We really sense there’s something…magical about this place.

(All three smiles shift a few notches toward “sinister” with frightening speed.

Dissolve to a hall, into which the four emerge from the upper end of the stairs.

Both of Sonata’s wrists have the spiked bracelets, and the toes of her boots can be seen as white in full light.)

Sunset: (gesturing about) That’s the science lab…computer lab is in there…oh!

(She runs ahead and o.s.; as she continues, cut to a close-up of a Musical Showcase poster.)

Sunset: (from o.s.) We’re having a big musical showcase this weekend. (Zoom out to frame her; Adagio and company step up.) The whole school is pretty much rallying around it.

(Cut to Adagio, who gasps in fake surprise and glances toward her two colleagues.)

Adagio: A…musical showcase? (All three trade scheming grins.)

Sunset: (from o.s.) I’m sure since you’re new— (Back to her.) —Principal Celestia would let you sign up if you’re interested.

Aria: (bored sigh, inspecting fingernails) We have been known to sing from time to time.

Sonata: Hel-looo? We sing, like, all the time. It’s how we get people to do what we want.

(Mild grimace from Aria, total shock from Sunset, and a threatening snarl and “cut it” gesture from Adagio. The blue-haired teen remains completely oblivious to this colossal slip-up.)

Sonata: (shrugging) What—what’d I say?

(Now Adagio’s footwear can be seen in full detail, framing the gold studs that run up each of her boot heels.)