[14]

Dissolve to a long shot of the stage with curtain lowered, zooming in slowly, then cut to Celestia and Luna at their table.

Younger sister glances over at the notes in the elder’s hands; after a few seconds, both face front.

Behind the curtain, the Dazzlings stand ready, each holding a microphone; zoom in slowly on them.

Adagio: Remember, girls. We want to save the good stuff for when our full power has been restored.

Their pendants gleam in the dim light, but settle down by the time the curtain opens.

Three spotlights flick on in a cluster to hit each of the malevolent singers as they step slowly toward the edge of the stage.

Jangly guitar line with minimal percussion, moderate 4 (D flat minor

Dazzlings:
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa
You didn’t know that you fell
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa

Percussion out

Adagio:
Now that you’re under our spell

Guitar out, minimal synth in with bass drum beats

(They start to sway to the rhythm.)

Adagio:
Blindsided by the beat
Clapping your hands, stomping your feet
You didn’t know that you fell

[Aria and Sonata vocalize a harmony line.]

Slightly more percussion
Now you’ve fallen under our spell

(Celestia and Luna watch, entranced.)

[More harmony.]

Extreme close-up of a large blue question mark on a white field, zooming out.

It stands at the center of an elimination bracket diagram with sixteen entries, each marked by a different symbol to represent the competing bands.

They are arranged in two groups of eight, one on each side, with the blanks for the finalists connecting to the question mark.

Guitar in; synth out; percussion strengthens again

Dazzlings:
We’ve got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it

Zoom in quickly on one pair: a pair of scissors and a snail painted on a brick wall, against a winged barbell.

Two vertical panels slide in—Snips and Snails throwing down on the right, Bulk Biceps playing a violin on the left.

The beefed-up teen wears a light gray jersey marked with a barbell, dark gray pants, and a gray/white baseball cap with tiny wings protruding from the sides.

Dazzlings:
We say “jump,” you say “how high?”
Put your hands up to the sky

Full-screen view of the duel; a bubble of red energy has formed around Bulk, and it blasts outward to send the hip-hop fools flying.