[17]

Song heard clearly

As they dance from side to side, the camera cuts to a slow pan across the front row, every occupant utterly captivated by the unfolding spectacle.

Harmony vocalization continues under the lyrics

Adagio:
Welcome to the show
We’re here to let you know
Our time is now

Dazzlings:
Your time is running out

Vocalization continues

Long shot of the amphitheatre, a hilltop just visible in the fore. A foot clad in a light-blue, lightning-bolt-marked platform shoe and yellow tights plants itself on the grass, and a head-on shot frames it as one of Rainbow’s.

She and the rest of the Rainbooms are standing here, Twilight,Rose and Pinkie holding microphone and drumsticks, respectively; the other four have their instruments ready.

All have changed into the dresses Rarity provided and donned platforms in various styles and colors, as well as tights in a different color for each leg.

Applejack has traded her usual brown cowboy hat for a red one in a slightly different style.

Every last one is greatly daunted by the sonic subterfuge unfolding before them.

A wind blows across the hilltop, toying with their hairstyles and doing little to cover the Dazzlings’ singing.

Rainbow: How are we supposed to play over them from up here?

The sounds of a car horn and approaching tires catch them off guard, and they turn to find DJ P0N-3 rolling up in a light blue convertible with darker trim and the top down.

Heart-shaped musical notes adorn the door, bright blue lyres mark the hubcaps, and a rearing-pony hood ornament is front and center.

Sunset and Spike are now here as well; the former now wears a top in the shade of shocking pink as her usual shirt, but no longer marked with her trademark yellow/red sun.

DJ P0N-3 produces and clicks a remote to shut off the engine and headlights, but the device triggers many more effects in the bargain.

The front bumper flips up to expose an equalizer panel and a row of lights; lava lamps pop out ahead of the front wheels; speakers swing out from both sides and up from the rear end, the latter accompanied by a bank of multicolored laser emitters to add a light show.

The whole car ends up mounted on a framework that has folded out from beneath the undercarriage.

Sunset smiles at the radical change-up, and the six performers add their own exclamations of delight.

Cut to the stage and zoom out; waves of red energy radiate from the Dazzlings and wash over the crowd.

Meter shifts to 4/4; harmony vocals continue under lyrics

Dazzlings:
Feel the wave of sound as it crashes down

(The enchantment takes hold; a flash from the pendants, and the three begin to rise off the boards.)