[12]

Twilight: (to the others, covering her microphone) Remember, we have to be good enough to make it through, but not so good we let the Sirens see the magic within us. (Cut to Applejack/Pinkie/Rarity; she continues o.s.) They could realize we plan to use it against them. (Pan to Rainbow.)

Rainbow: Got it! (winking) Be cool enough to win, but not so cool that we end up showing off the whole ears-and-tails-and-rainbows thing. So…about twenty percent less cool.

Pinkie: (counting off with sticks) One, two!

pretend Rosie posie is there 💕

Rainbooms: We’ve just got the day to get ready

And there’s only so much time to lose

Close-up of Pinkie’s thumping bass drum, then cut to Rainbow and zoom out to frame all six.

Because tonight, yeah, we’re here to party

So let’s think of something fun to do

Synth, bass, additional percussion in; tambourine out; intensity builds

Photo and her two bandmates sneak onto the catwalks above the stage, the latter girls each holding up a long string with a magnet on one end and a crossbar grip on the other.

Rainbooms: We don’t know
[we don’t know]
what’s gonna happen
We just know
[we just know] it’s gonna feel right

One magnet is tossed over the railing, attracting the metal strips on Rarity’s right sleeve and pulling her arm up with them; the other catches her left.

All our friends are here, and it’s time to ignite the lights

Tambourine and full percussion in

Photo takes great delight in manipulating the two crossbars to work the hapless keytarist like a marionette; Applejack is thrown off by the spectacle.

Rainbooms: Shake your tail, ’cause we’re here to have a party tonight

[Shake your tail, shake your tail]

A flick of Rarity’s arm knocks Applejack’s hat off, depositing it on the head of her bass; she quickly puts it back on.

Shake your tail, ’cause we’re here to have a party tonight

[Shake your tail, shake your tail]

Pinkie looks up from her kit with concern; out on the floor, the crowd is decidedly unimpressed and the Crusaders have fallen asleep on their feet, leaning against each other for support. Bloom wakes up.

Percussion drops back to bass drum/tambourine 4-beat pattern; guitar, bass out

Twilight: So what, you didn’t get it right the first time

Bloom: (under previous line) Boring!

The frizzy-haired drummer kicks her floor tom so that it swivels on its mount.

Once it has stopped with its open lower end pointing up at an angle toward the crowd, she stomps a kick pedal to launch a salvo of confetti, similar to her pony version’s party cannon.