Osamu Dazai x Reader: Third Party

You and Dazai had been inseparable since you both started working at the Armed Detective Agency. Your bond was built on shared experiences, mutual respect, and an undeniable chemistry that blossomed into a deep, loving relationship. Whether it was solving cases or spending quiet evenings together, you were always by each other's side.

One morning, as you and Dazai prepared for another mission, Kunikida called you both into his office. "We've got a new assignment," he announced, glancing between the two of you. "And you'll be teaming up with Chuuya Nakahara."

Dazai's expression didn't change, but you felt him tense beside you. "Chuuya?" Dazai asked, his voice calm but with a hint of something unidentifiable.

"Yes, Chuuya," Kunikida confirmed. "The mission requires his skill set. The three of you will work together."

As you left the office, you glanced at Dazai, who wore his usual carefree smile. "This should be interesting," you said, trying to lighten the mood.

Dazai chuckled. "Interesting is one way to put it."

The mission began smoothly. Chuuya, with his fiery personality and sharp wit, brought a new dynamic to the team. He was efficient, skilled, and surprisingly easy to work with. You found yourself laughing at his jokes and appreciating his expertise, which seemed to irk Dazai.

Dazai, usually the epitome of nonchalance, was unusually quiet. He watched you and Chuuya with a keen eye, his jealousy simmering just below the surface. You noticed his forced smiles and the way his jaw tightened whenever Chuuya stood too close to you or made you laugh.

During a break, Chuuya leaned against a wall, smirking at Dazai. "You know, Dazai, you should smile more. It suits you," he teased, his tone dripping with mock sincerity. "Especially when Y/n is around."

Dazai's eyes flashed with irritation. "And you should mind your own business, Chuuya."

Chuuya laughed, clearly enjoying the effect he was having on Dazai. "Relax, Dazai. We're just colleagues, right?" He glanced at you with a wink. "Or is there something more I should know about?"

Before you could intervene, Dazai stepped forward, his demeanor shifting from playful to threatening in an instant. "I said, mind your own business."

The tension escalated quickly, and before you knew it, Dazai and Chuuya were throwing punches. You tried to separate them, but their rivalry and pride had taken over. It took several agents to pull them apart.

Later that evening, you found Dazai at home, nursing his injuries. He sat on the edge of the bed, his shirt off, revealing bruises and a split lip. You rushed to his side, worry etched on your face. "Dazai, what happened?"

He shrugged, avoiding your gaze. "Just a disagreement."

You gently touched his cheek, forcing him to look at you. "A disagreement that left you like this? What did Chuuya say to make you so angry?"

Dazai sighed, his shoulders slumping. "He kept insinuating things about us, about how close you two were getting. I... I couldn't stand it."

You felt a mixture of frustration and tenderness. "Dazai, you know I love you, right? No one else matters."

The next day at work was awkward. Dazai avoided your gaze, and you could feel the unspoken tension hanging between you. Determined to fix things, you pulled him aside during lunch. "We need to talk," you said, leading him to a quiet corner.

Dazai looked at you, his eyes filled with a mix of regret and vulnerability. "I'm sorry, Y/n. I shouldn't have let it get to me."

You took his hand, squeezing it gently. "Dazai, I need you to understand something. You are the only one for me. No one else comes close."