Chapter 6

Life went on as usual, every time she ask's Abi to take her to Ammi during the holiday he says not now and Adda Amra never called to check up for her once. It's being three years. Yes, three freaking years without her seeing any of her family members. In these three years mami have feel the void in her life,she can't be thankful for more. Mami is a very nice woman but in one way or the other she never fail to show that she's not her daughter and likewise Khadijah also couldn't bring herself to see mami as her mother even though she love's her very much. Alot has happened during these years....
Flashback
After they all separated, life went on as usual.
School has been hectic for her and it's finally third term, hamma Aneel is going to graduate.
The dsy of graduation.
Mami and Adda sabeeha came to his graduation. Everyone is very happy.
Khadijah is performing in debate, drama and cultural dance. She did wonders in performing, she was perfect with her imperfections. After everything, it's family time now and the graduate's are taking pictures with their families and giving them gifts. Mami and Adda sabeeha walked up to where we were standing,I and hamma Aneel.
"Congratulations 🎉🎊 on your graduation dearie" Adda sabeeha said while handing him a gift box.

"Congratulations my son, I'm proud of you even though this is just a small step to achieving your goals, may you soar to great heights" mami said while handing him a bouquet and a gift box.
Hamma Aneel smiled and thanked mami while hugging her.

"Congratulations hamma Aneel,may Allah guide you in every step you take" I said while handing him the gift I got for him.

Everything ended pretty quickly and I'm leaving Jss1, Aisha is changing school and I'm honestly gonna miss her. I also befriend a new girl named hauwa, we were a trio and now we will be a duo.
"Meeting is sweet, parting is sad, remember the time's we spent together" I said to Aisha. We hugged each other for what felt like hours until it was time to leave.

And like breeze, the holiday ended and we're finall in jss2. The holiday was so much fun because we visited Abi's relatives.
We went to Anty surayya's house and spent two day's, then uncle Imam's house.
Anty surayya is Abi's sister, she lives in katsina with her three children. Ya Ammar who's the same age as akhi , then ya khalifa who's the same age as hamma Abubakar, then Adda iman who's the same age as hamma Aneel.

Uncle imam also lives in katsina with his two children, Adda Aylah who's the same age as Adda sabeeha and Amma who's the same age as me.

Anty Asha lives in kaduna but she isn't married, she's working in NAN and she's my favorite aunt.
Honestly, I don't know much about Abi's family since both his mother and father are not alive, we don't usually visit much. These are Abi's biological brother and sisters, the same father and mother. I don't know the rest of his family members.

Jss 2 was fun and it passed like breeze, i maintained my position in class and I'm becoming more friendly than I was. There are two duo's in my class, halira and fatima- they're best friends and we communicate well with them with my best friend hauwa but I honestly missed Aisha, she's the best. Hamma Aneel has gotten Admission in UMYUK, he's studying engineering and he's very happy to join the family back there in katsina, the house is so lonely without him. He only comes back after every semester exam.
Hamma Abubakar came back twice in two year's and he has a girlfriend her name is inayah, she's very beautiful and she send us sweet things whenever he's back, the two of us bonded really well and he's honestly my favorite step brother. He reminds me so much of my Akhi.

The third year also passed like breeze. Jss3 was so much fun.
Graduation day
"Finally, we're going to be seniors" hauwa said, this girl is so dramatic to be honest.

"Yes we're going to be"Halira said.

" I'm going to be wearing coat, ordering the juniors to do this and that" fatima said while laughing.

I was looking at them and thinking these people have no worries in their lives. They're trouble free. I just wanted my Ammi by my side on this special day but god has other plan's.

We took alot of pictures and gave our speech.
It's was time for family pictures, so mami, Adda sabeeha and hamma Aneel walked up to me.
"Congratulation's ummuAbiha"mami said. Honestly it's being long since I had that name and it reminded me so much of Ammi, Abi and Adda Amra. They call me with these name or sometimes Gimbiya.
I managed to mumble a thank you and she handed me a gift.

"Congratulation's myhiko ai(my sister) and partner in crime, I love you so much cutie" Adda sabeeha said and handed me ber own gift.

"Congratulations my little munchkin you're now 14 and a teenager, my munchkin has grown up so much" hamma Aneel said and it reminded me of Akhi, if Akhi was here then he would have said the same thing because he always calls me munchkin but never ummuAbiha, he calls me gimbiya too.

We were done with the formalities when Muhammad walked up to me.

"Congratulations my dear Angry bird,i love you so much" he said while handing his gift to me.

I wanted to confess my feelings to him on this day but somewhere in my mind was telling me it's not the right time, I should wait a little longer.
He's also graduating from ss3 and I gave him a gift too and we took alot of pictures. Finally the day ended and we returned home, I received alot of gifts and I gave out many.
We were sitting in the living room when I remembered Abi didn't even visit even Adda amra but I didn't care about her because she didn't care one bit about me,within all these year's she didn't for once called to check up on me, maybe I was always a burden to her and she has finally gotten rid of that burden.

"Mami why didn't Abi come" I asked.

" I do...don...don't know" she stammered while answering and quickly left the living room before I could ask her another question.

Why did she leave ? Why was she shocked when I asked her where Abi is? I thought to myself.

######
Pls don't forget to vote