Chapter 16

Wake up! Wake up! I heard amira shouting. I opened my eyes to see her with hands akimbo looking at me and maryam still sleeping. I hissed and  went back to sleep.

"Wake up, it's 1:00am already" she said.
We both woke up with our eyes as wide as saucer's.

"Ya ilahi, durrah why didn't you wake us up since, when are we leaving" i asked.
Maryam is still not sober.

"Chill, we're not leaving today till tomorrow" she said jumping like a squirrel.

"Really" me and maryam said in unison.

"Yes, now freshen up and pray we're going to anty Amina's house" she said.
I rushed to the bathroom, did my business, took my bath and performed ablution. I came out and amira has already brought out my clothes, similar to what she was wearing. An olive green flowy  gown, matching veil, matching bag and black palms.
I dressed up, prayed and before I finish praying maryam was already dressed in a similar gown but different color. I did my duas and stood up. I sat on the vanity table, combed my hair and tyed it to a bun and put on my olive green cap. I applied some makeup which consists of only kohl and lip gloss. I put on a butterfly earring and ring then the bracelet akhi gave me on my 12th birthday then wrapped my veil.

"All done" i said standing up from the vanity table.

"Ohk, let's go" Amira said.

"Who and who are going" I asked.

"Me, you, maryam and that madeeha girl. Bhai and ayaan left for kaduna earlier, Adda sabeeha and Adda aneesa said they're not going so mama said we should take that madeeha along" Amira concluded.
Well madeeha is a year older than maryam and she's in level 1. We seriously don't get along but she's very nice, just that she thinks we're young.
We went downstairs and greeted mami and mama, we ate our breakfast/lunch since we woke up late. We're done eating....

"Who's taking us?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Me, I'm taking you guy's" salim said coming downstairs.
He's dressed in a sweat pant and a t-shirt.
He looks so Masha Allah.
We hopped into the car and here I am stuck in the front seat again. I don't know what's wrong with Amira, she told me that i have to get over him and she's the one urging me to seat in the front while winking at me as if I'm going to win a lottery. I kept staring at him until he talked bringing me out of my reverie.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer" he said with a hint of mischief.

"I already told you to bless your delusional heart" i said sarcastically.

"So ummi, how old are you?" He asked.

"I'm 15 yrs old" I answered.
We talked about everything and nothing until we arrived. I kept feeling uneasy as if something bad is about to happen, I hesitated before going out of the car.
We went inside the house and as soon as I took a step I twisted my ankle and I'm about to fall when someone caught me, I smelled his cologne and I knew it was him, I held unto him as if my life depended on him, he let go of me and as soon as I took another step, I tripped and let out a wail but he was quick to catch me and their attention turned to us and since we were close to the living room, hanan came out too but there was someone with her, the person I never expected to see there.

"How dare you touch her" was the first thing he said and before we knew it, he landed a blow on ya salim.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay fam
How're you  guy's?
Who do you think they saw?
Pls don't forget to vote