Chapter 19

I stay rooted to where I was sitting, I couldn't move an inch. Ammi carried him from the store room and brought him out with mommy beside her. Ammi called Abi and daddy- his dad to come back.
I couldn't say anything,
I couldn't move, I was just staring mumbling a prayer until Abi and daddy came back. I closed my eyes and hugged my knees until I heard the sounds of Innalillahi wa'inna ialaihi rajiun(from Allah we are and unto him we shall return). I opened my eyes to see what's happening.

"He's dead" daddy announced. I couldn't do anything, I was shocked, my tear's halted, all I was doing was staring.
They took him inside to bath him and dress him in that piece of white cloth. Before we knew it, people began trooping inside the residence of yusuf waziri- his dad.
Mommy was crying and ammi was pacifying her while holding her own tear's. I couldn't do anything, all I did was stare.
Moments later, they brought him out, he's ready, they're taking him to his grave. They brought him to mommy to say her final goodbye. This time all she did was stare at him body inside the coffin( makara).
I reluctantly stood up and went to the place, I sat down in front of his coffin.

"Heyy, wake up! I know you're not dead. Wake up! You can't do this to me, you can't leave me alone. You promised me didn't you?, you promised when we grow up you're going to buy me a car, a house and everything I need, you have to fulfill your promise. If you wake up, I promise I won't call you mr. Annoying ever again, I promise I will reduce intake of sugary things, I promise I will be getting ready early for school, I promise if you wake up, I will stop whatever you want me to stop. I will stop anything you don't like but pls don't leave me. Mommy ask him to wake up, ammi pls ask him to wake up, he can't do this to me. Who will report me to ammi if you are not here?, who will play with me?" I said. I broke down completely and began crying, mommy hugged me to her chest and we kept crying. The men came in and took him and that's how our friendship ended.
I cried like I will never stop. I couldn't do without him because I was already used to him.
End of flashback

I ended the story amidst sob's.

"It wasn't my fault, I promise it was a mistake, it wasn't intentional" i said.

"I know, I know, don't cry. Wipe your tears, it's okay." Ya salim said.
It was so hard for me because I have buried that part of my life even though the scar is still there.
I stopped crying and we sat there in silence.

"Who's he?" Ya salim asked.

"He's my childhood friend, he's my best friend, little mentor, life support, favorite, life line. He mean's the world to me, no not even the world but the entire universe, he's Mahmud Yusuf waziri, my Mahmud" i said feeling so proud.

"May his soul Rest In Peace" he said.
I muttered Ameen and we sat there in silence until I broke it.

"You know after he died, mommy and daddy left Nigeria. If they didn't leave Nigeria then i would never have come back to kaduna again after ammi fell into a coma, I would have stayed with them. I would have never come back to kaduna, I would have never seen Muhammad again and fall in love with him again, I would have never attended hamma Abubakar's graduation and i would have never met you. Then the scar that was starting to heal would never have being wound again" i said.
He hummed and we sat there until I was sleepy. We went inside and headed to our various homes.

————————-
Pls don't forget to vote