xvi. she lost her

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡˖ ࣪ serendipity chapter sixteen ( real life  )

( real life  )

STERLING WOKE UP NINE AM so she could shower and be ready when Caroline arrived, ready to have some breakfast at iHop. The brunette was in her bed already made; her room was spotless; she cleaned when she knew Caroline would come. She was only waiting for Caroline to text that she was here since she asked for her address.

The phone popped; it was her; she was already parked in the parking lot of the building. Sterling nervously got up and walked out of the dorm; she was shaking; she was so nervous for meeting Caroline. Sterling thought Caroline was a good-looking girl.

She stepped out of the building and saw a tall blonde girl with a beanie, wearing a red Wisconsin hoodie and sweat pants, with white forces looking at her phone. That's her.

"Hi," Sterling approached Caroline with a smile. The blonde looked up, and her face illuminated when she finally saw the brunette. She was waiting for this moment since they started talking.

"Hi, how are you doing?" Caroline asked, opening her arms to give Sterling a hug.

They separated from the hug and started walking towards Caroline's car. "Good, how was your drive? It was good." Sterling asked, and when she got into the copilot seat, Caroline opened the door for her. "Thank you," Sterling said with a calm smile, but she was clearly screaming inside.

Caroline got in her seat and reversed her car with her right arm to get out of the parking lot. "It was fine; I got good music going on," she said.

The whole drive they were talking about themselves, getting to know each other a little bit more since they already spoke all day every day since they met last week.

They arrived at iHop and had a great time together; they connected very quickly. They loved speaking to each other every single night. And when they finally were speaking face-to-face today, it felt different.

THEY WERE ALREADY HEADING BACK TO the dorm since Gabbie asked them to grab some things at Target that she forgot for tonight's dinner. The girls were walking in the hallway of the building.

Sterling opened the door, and she spot Gabbie at the kitchen counter making the dinner for tonight's friendsgiving. When the curly-haired girl saw the two girls, she approached them.

"Hi Caroline, how are you?" She said, greeting the blonde.

Caroline smiled at the roommate of Sterling. "Good, what about you? What are you doing?" The blonde said, giving a look at what Marshall was cooking.

Gabbie explained what she was cooking, and she started to help Marshall with the cooking, while Sterling offered to make a vanilla cake. Since she was good in bakery.

It was 100% sure that Kate would be at today's dinner party, but it was okay. When Gabbie told Sterling the idea, she was completely fine with seeing Kate since what happened about two months ago.

It was almost time for the girls dinner; the three girls were getting ready to match the dress code that Jada made. Caroline opened the door of Sterling's room since she was the last one showering because she was the one who gets ready very fast.

Sterling was wearing a black little skirt with a long-sleeve black top as well as a black bandana on her hair. She was sitting on her vanity when she saw the blonde girl entering her room with a wine-colored shirt and black formal pants. Her gold chain peeking out made Sterling blush.

"Can you guys help me to make the table?" Gabbie said from the kitchen, and the two girls stepped out of the room; they were laughing at some silly joke that Harvey made when the door opened.

Caitlin entered the dorm with the food she cooked in her hand; behind her was the blonde hooper, with a pack of chocolate-covered strawberries. When she heard Sterling's laugh, she looked around for her, and when she spotted the brunette laughing with another girl in the kitchen, it made her blood boil.

Who the fuck is that?

"Hi Gibby," Caitlin greeted her teammate, and when she saw Coss, she smiled, ready to tease her. "Hi sister-in-law, how's my girlfriend doing?" she said.

Sterling rolled her eyes and looked at Clark. "Clark, you're not getting together with my sister, keep that in mind," Sterling said.

"Guys, this is Caroline; she's Sterling's friend." Gabbie smiled, presenting the blonde to her two friends.

"Hi, nice to meet you," Caroline said on the counter, waving at her, while Sterling saw the expression of Kate when she heard that.

"Hi, I'm Caitlin, and this is Kate," Clark said since her friend was staring directly at her without saying a word. Kate was furious. Why the hell was she here? Is she just a friend? Why's she touching Sterling's arm? "Do you play any sport? I think I've seen your face before," Caitlin said.

Quickly, Caroline responded with a smile. "Yeah, I play hockey at Wisconsin." Caitlin nodded. She was hundred percent sure that she already saw her face.

Gabbie took the pack of strawberries from Kate's hands before she could drop it off the anger she has on all her body.

The other girls started to arrive; they took their place at the table, and the girls started to eat what they chose from the table; every single girl brought a different meal and dessert.

The atmosphere of the table was chilled, full of laughs and telling stories and jokes to everyone, but Martin was sitting there with an angry look; even Caitlin elbowed her to switch that face because it was obvious that she didn't like Caroline's presence.

Caroline and Sterling were seated closely; whenever Harvey felt observed, she looked around and found the hooper eyes on her; she didn't even care; she knew Sterling and Kate were a thing before, and they split since Kate cheated on her. But Caroline was here only for Sterling; she didn't come for anyone but Sterling.

When the dinner ended, the girls started to leave one by one, and when only Caitlin, Gabbie, Sterling, Caroline, and Kate were left, the basketball player approached her teammate and whispered in her ear.

"Is she staying here?" Kate asked with a very low voice.

Gabbie looked at her and nodded at the question of Martin. The blonde clenched her jaw when she looked at the two girls cleaning up the table and how they were laughing. She definitely lost her. She lost her since the minute when she and Sydney got back together.

ᝰ.ᐟ LIV SPEAKS
blondes fight, my dream.
i have something for blondes ngl