xxvi. back home

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡˖ ࣪ serendipity chapter twenty six( in real life )

( in real life )

THE LOUD MUSIC WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE the Coss siblings and their respective partners are having fun like everyone in the building. The fact that Caitlin Clark is at the graduation party makes a lot of people ask her for a picture.

Sterling took another shot in her hands, but when she was about to drink it, another hand took hers, stopping her. When she turned her head to see the person who did that, she just laughed.

"I think that's a lot of alcohol for tonight, Miss," Kayliah said and took Sterling's hand to guide her to their table so she could take a seat; she was already drunk.

Sterling was having fun, yeah, but why the desperate need to drink?

The brunette sat down in the chair and looked at her sister-in-law. "Come on, Kay, I need to clear my mind," she said, laughing. But of course Clifford didn't believe her.

"Ster, I think you're pretty drunk right now, You should drink water," Kay said, taking care of her fiancé's sister. Lysander was dancing on the dance floor with Brooklyn, Alessia, and Caitlin. "Stay here; I'm going to find a water bottle for you.".

Coss nodded, and when she saw the other girl walking away, she lay down on the table and closed her eyes. Her head was spinning; she drank too much vodka and whiskey in a pretty short amount of time.

Footsteps were heard approaching the table, but the drunk brunette couldn't care less, so she didn't move and didn't even open her eyes.

"RueRue, what are you doing?" Caroline said, laughing at her girlfriend. The blonde sat next to her and tried to get her attention.

Sterling's mind lit up when she heard the nickname; the only person who said that to her was Kate. Caroline never, in their entire relationship, she never said to her RueRue. Coss opened her eyes and raised her head, as she thought that the blonde basketball player was here, calling for her.

"Kate?" the brunette said with a smile, looking with her eyes for Martin. Harvey's face dropped when she heard the name of Sterling's ex-girlfriend. "Where's Kate? She called me, she called me RueRue.".

Caroline clenched her jaw; she was shocked. And she is in all her freedom to feel hurt.

"It was me; I called you that," Harvey said with a straight face, she knew that Sterling wasn't sober enough to have a real conversation.

Sterling's face dropped too. She knew she fucked up. Hard, really hard.

"Car, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." Coss said she couldn't believe what she just had said. Her hands were shaking.

Sterling lowered her head; she felt ashamed. Harvey looked at her girlfriend with a serious face. "Sterling, tell me the truth. You still love her?" The fear in Harvey's voice is noticeable.

Caroline's nerves and fear took over her entire body; she was scared of the answer. Sterling's body was filled with nerves; she couldn't believe this was happening. Not now.
In the middle of Brooklyn's graduation party.

"Let's find a quiet place, Come on," Sterling said, swallowing her fear.

But Harvey frowned. "No, answer me here. You still love Kate?" Right now, all she wanted was to know the truth. Even though it hurt, like they stabbed her right in the chest, she wanted to know. And she deserves to know.

Sterling took Caroline's hand and walked out of the party, they walked aimlessly until they found a room with the emergency stairs. As the blonde closed the door and took a seat in the stairs, Sterling sighed.

"I love you I want you to know that you are the most precious thing that ever happened to me. I would probably lose myself if it wasn't for you. That's the true." A tear from the blonde's blue eyes fell down on her check.

"Don't say that if you don't mean it." Her beautiful blue eyes turned red; she's been holding her tears, but she couldn't do it anymore.

Sterling kneeled in front of her. "I meant it I really do. I love you. I really wish this was different. I didn't use you. I hope you can forgive me one day." Sterling was balling her eyes out.

She did what she was most afraid of. Hurting Caroline.

"You love me?" Caroline looked at the brunette with tears in her eyes.

This was killing Coss, seeing Caroline suffer and suffer for her. "I love you like crazy. My only mistake was falling in love with you when I still care about Kate."

Those words shattered Harvey. She understands Sterling, but she couldn't just pretend that she was okay. Harvey doesn't think that all those beautiful moments with Sterling she was faking love for her, she believes her.

"That's a big mistake, Sterlo." Harvey stood up and wiped her tears off with her hands. She extended her hand so Sterling could stand up too.

Sterling wiped her tears too and looked at the blonde. "I love you; you deserve to be happy and find someone who makes you happy, and I hoped it was me, but if we are meant to be, we would find our way back together. But right now. I need to go back to Iowa," Sterling said firmly.

She loves Harvey, like crazy; she's in love with her, but Kate. Kate is her everyday thought; she's always in her mind. She's just everything to her. And Harvey understands and respects that. She marked Coss words.

If we were meant to be together, we would find our way back together. If Sterling is meant to be with Kate, it's okay for her. And if it doesn't, she would find her way to her one more time.

"I love you, pretty girl, you don't need to apologize. I hope we will see each other again someday." Caroline wrapped her arms tightly around Sterling's body.

Harvey pressed a kiss on the brunette's head when she looked up to her. "I would be the one looking for you.".

"I think this is the goodbye for now," Caroline said, separating the body of the green-eyed girl. And with a sad grimace, she smiled at the girl she loves.

Sterling's eyes crystallized at the words. "I love you, Caroline." One more time she wiped her tears away from her checks. Harvey took the brunette's face in her hands and joined their lips into a kiss. One more time.

The kiss was filled with so many emotions: sadness, anger, fear, love, nostalgia, and others. Both of the girls enjoyed their last kiss.

"I love you, Sterlo." Their foreheads collided, and they looked into each other's eyes one more time. One last time. Before fading away.

Both of the girls stepped out of that room and walked to the salon where the party was, and took different ways.
Coss rushed to the exit of the building to get into a taxi that could take her to the apartment of her sisters. So she could get all her stuff and get back to Iowa that same night.

As she stepped out of the taxi, Sterling took her phone, went through her contacts, and called her older sister. But went straight to voicemail.

"I'm going back to Iowa; I need to find Kate."

She hung up and walked into the apartment. Rushing, she took all her stuff and packed everything in her suitcase. Put on a zip-up jacket, and she was ready to take another taxi to the airport and get into the airplane back home. Back to Iowa. Back to Kate.

ᝰ.ᐟ LIV SPEAKS
this is so sad but i love it😭

don't forget to comment, it makes my day even better!