xxvii. like the old times

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡˖ ࣪ serendipity chapter twenty seven( in real life )

( in real life )

STERLING'S WATCH MARKS TWELVE OCLOCK she just arrived at Kate's building; she knows she's awake because her location is live and looks like she's moving all around her dorm. She stepped out of the Uber with her suitcase in hand.

She still has her little black dress and high heels from the party. A big zip-up jacket is covering her. Sterling rushed to the elevator; she wanted so bad to take her shoes off; it was killing her, but she doesn't want to waste time.

As the doors of the elevator opened, she stepped out in a hurry to make it to Kate's dorm. Walking through the big hallway, she made it to Kate's. The door was in front of her; she was standing right there, and nervousness took over her body.

What if she's with a girl in there? What if she doesn't want me anymore?

Those were the questions that Sterling's mind was asking herself, increasing the amount of fear in her body and mind. Fuck it, she said you herself and knocked on the door.
Her heart was beating so fast, she could swear that her heart was about to get off her chest.

She heard steps approaching the door; hopefully it was Kate, not a semi-naked girl who Kate just hooked up with. That will be Sterling's worst nightmare; she just left Caroline in New York for this, and if that happens, she would be sorry a lifetime.

The door opened. And behind was the six-foot basketball girl, her blonde hair falling over her shoulders and her beautiful icy blue eyes; everything Sterling loves is standing right in front of her. Finally. She was wearing Nike sweatpants and an old shirt from the team; she looked extremely beautiful.

The blonde eyes opened wide as she saw her, after months of dreaming about this exact moment, was finally happening. Kate knew Sterling was in New York at Brooklyn's graduation with Caroline, but what is she doing here in Iowa at midnight, looking the exact same thing she posted on Instagram hours ago? She didn't understand.

"Kate." Those were the words that came out of Sterling's mouth, and she couldn't say anything else when Kate rushed to wrap her arms around her and lift her up the ground. Sterling's legs were wrapped around Kate's torso, and her head was on her neck.

As she breathed, she felt the smell of Martin, her cologne, and remembered the moments they shared together. The night talks in FaceTime when they first meet. The late pick ups from the hospital at the end of her shifts. The lunch dates are on Saturdays. All those memories have something in common. They were together, in love, just like right now.

Martin was holding Sterling tightly, like if all this was a dream and when she would open her eyes everything would disappear. She couldn't stand losing Sterling again, not again.

"Don't leave, please, not again." She said without opening her eyes, but tears were coming from her eyes.

Coss took Martin's head and smiled with a silly tear running down on her cheek. "I'm not going anywhere without you," Kate opened her eyes; it was real. Sterling was there; it wasn't a dream. Kate smiled at the brunette and pressed her lips on hers. She finally was allowed to do it. The soft, sweet, and hungry kiss ended when they separated to breathe.

The both girls laughed at the moment, and Kate put the brunette on her feet; they couldn't stop smiling; they were so happy.

"I have something for you. I saved for all this time." The blonde walked towards her room, and when she came out, she looked to the green-eyed girl right in those beautiful eyes.
Kate had on her hand a little red box, and when she opened it showed a beautiful golden ring with a little and beautiful crystals.

Sterling shocked and opened her mouth. "Kate, this is beautiful. You didn't have to," she said, covering her mouth and looking at the ring.

The blonde smiled and took it. "This is a symbol of my promise to never hurt you again, and when I get drafted, I promise to buy you a better one, and that would be forever."Kate's eyes locked in Sterling's.

"You're entering the draft?" Sterling was excited about the blonde pressuring her professional basketball career; that was her dream. The blonde nodded at her question. She couldn't be more proud of her.

"So, you will give me the opportunity to prove to you I can make you the happiest woman ever?" She said with the ring in her hand.

Sterling's eyes crystallized again, and tears fell down. She already cried like twenty times this night. "Yes," she said.

Kate took Sterling's hand and gently placed the golden ring on her finger. The brunette throws herself at her now girlfriend to kiss her one more time, just like the old times.

ᝰ.ᐟ LIV SPEAKS
😭😭! i love this

don't forget to comment<33