Chapter 17- First Confrontation

It was night time and in the usual hour, lights out for the Bakugou house. In every room of the house, they were all sleeping peacefully. However, in Izuku's room, he would begin to feel a disturbance in his sleep. A calling, one could call it.

'wake up Izuku...Wake up!'

Izuku jump from his bed with the sheets scattering around him. He looked around as he tried catching his breath. The light was dim due to the outside light shining through the crevice of his window curtains. He looked the the counter beside his bed noticing it wasn't that late in the night.

'It's time Izuku...' spoke Misery.

'What? Time for what?-' Izuku's cut off.

'It is no time to stall, we must depart now!'

Izuku suddenly felt his body no longer have control and it stood up on its own. Izuku now fully awoken tried speaking to Misery as his arm extended to the window to move the curtains and open it fully, letring in the cold breeze of the night. Izuku attempted to retaliate but could not gain control over his body. With the window open, the dark tendrils gripped the frame and in a sling shot motion, Izuku was flung towards the air. The rush of the wind flew against Izuku's face, causing him to close his eyes.

Izuku opened his eyes again only to see an ariel view of his neighborhood. Izuku's body felt weightless in the air as he stared in awe. But it wasn't long until Izuku felt gravity take back control and he began to fall.

'Damn it. I ned you to take control back Izuku' Misery spoke as Izuku felt control of his body again.

"Wait! You can't just leave me here!" Izuku exclaimed as his body began to descend into a downward motion, where he would plummet towards the ground. Izuku yelled as be began to free fall in the air.

Panic began to rush in Izuku as the floor was only getting closer. Izuku knew that he needed to do something quick or he'll face fatal injuries. Injuries that'll surely kill him, right? Izuku was able to tank hits before but is the durability of his power enough to take the impact head on? What abilities does he have in his disposal that can help him right now.

The tendrils? No there's shadow to where he can summon them in time to catch him. The other ability that traps people inside won't work either. Those are the only abilities he has so far.

'Damn it! What the hell am I supposed to do!'

Izuku then had a flashback to something that Misery has said about how new abilities are unlocked.

'Listen Izuku, sometimes abilities will be unlocked when facing a dire situation. But be aware that it isn't always the case.'

"I swear if this doesn't work!"

Izuku closed his eyes to concentrate on the power flowing through his body. Much like the times before, Izuku often experiments in visualizing the flow of his power throughout his body. He can feel it and knows how powerful it is. He just needs to focus on feeling it out. Find a new abilty that will save him.

Izuku felt something new, not necessarily knowing what exactly it was. But it was worth a shot at trying. Going off pure instinct, Izuku swung his arm in a sideways motion where a dark cloud followed the trace of his hand. Izuku visualized the ground before going through the dark smoke and disappearing from the other side.

In an instant, another dark cloud appeared in an alleyway. Izuku flung out from it still in the momentum he was in the air. He impacted onto the ground harshly and followed by a tumble into a dumpster bin. His back struck the bin, stopping his momentum and leaving a heavy dent on the dumpster bin.

Izuku groaned feeling the pain momentarily as held himself up. He used one leg and one arm on the dumpster to hoist himself up. With his other arm, it popped itself back in place from his regenerative abilities. Izuku looked around and saw the shadow like portal disappear.