CHAPTER 24

"I'm borrreeed....." Macau spins his chair around. "What are you doing there?" he asks again, standing from his chair and leaning inside the bar counter.

"Nothing that might interest you," Ken replies back, cleaning a glass with the cloth. "Don't be such a sour sport, come on, enjoy a little." Macau sits back at his chair.

"Don't you think P'Porsche would have been a better choice as a bartender than you?" he asks, swinging his chair sideways. Ken looks at him but doesn't reply back.

"You've always been the quiet type...tsk." he swings back the chair once again, taking in the business clients that have accepted the invitation.

the atmosphere at the party was engaging, with the sound of lively chatter and laughing filled in air. The venue was elegantly decorated with floral arrangements and modern furniture, creating a sophisticated ambience. Guests dressed in business attires mingled with each other, sipping on their cocktails .

The room was buzzed with conversation as people built new connections. Amidst the crowd stood the people that Macau recognized his brothers and other people from his family having conversations with some middle aged men, each of them was so engrossed with their clients leaving Macau alone as he didn't knew anyone.

Sitting in the corner of the room made him feel even more left out as he didn't really have anything to do at all.

"I'm really bored..." He said a little more louder than the last time standing on his feet and while placing his hands on the table to give a dramatic effect, "..... I should have just played on my Xbox, " which worked in his favour as the person opposite to him gave him his attention.

"Weren't you the one who wanted to come to the party?" Ken replied to his antics after what seemed like hours for Macau.

"Why do you know this?" Macau asked, raising an eyebrow.

"The amounts of fits you threw, running around in the house, I'll be quite surprised if someone missed it," Ken smiled. "I bet even Chan knows it," he says, coming a little closer to Macau, whose ears turned red listening to him.

"So, you knew it was going to be like this. What made you come here?" Ken asked, coming out of the bar to stand next to him, as he was the one on duty of Macau.

"Well, honestly speaking ,I thought i might get some hot men to stare at......" he says scanning the room once more "......I mean look at them half of them here are my father's age, one guy just one who looks descent enough, is it that hard" he urges looking at Ken who chuckles.

"Well, not bad for a reason, I would say." he ruffles his hair, messing it up. "ugggh.... my hairstyle.." Macau says, moving his hand from his head.

"Didn't you say everyone's your father's age, whom are you trying to impress then?" he smiles , Macau's eyes instantly go to Kim, who is too close to a so-called client smiling and chatting.

"Well, you never know!" he replies back, turning around."One champagne, please...." Pointing a finger, he requests the bartender. "No," Ken replies

"Huh?"

"Nope, no alcohol for you."

"You got to be kidding me." Macau rolls his eyes. "I can't pass this night sober. Please understand my sentiments." he pulls Ken's arm, pleading him

"Sorry, not my rules,"  Ken says, removing his hand

"Well, you don't have to say them right. It can be like a secret between us. Come on, please," he says, trying to make a puppy face.

"Remember the last time it was a secret between you and Pol?" Ken side eyed him.

"In my defence...." Macau defended himself." First of all, i didn't know what it was, P'Pol just said it's tasty and will be fun, and he won't say to anyone. " Macau folded his hand