25. BIG FLIRT

ELLIE

It was close to midnight and I was sitting on the beach, observing the calm soothing water. The waves lapped at each other under the full moon and then went silent. The view was so beautiful that I wanted to capture it in my memory because my phone did no justice to what my eyes were seeing.

I was lost in the moment when I heard footsteps coming downstairs from the villa. I didn't need to turn around to know whom they belonged to. Before Nathan could get a peak of my bikini clad body, I pulled the knitted poncho tightly around me and straightened my legs.

I thought he was asleep by now but apparently not. I turned my neck when he reached me and found him towering over me. He was wearing a tank top and the sight of his veiny, muscular arms made my belly tingle.

"Aren't you tired? Come inside and sleep." He said in his signature authoritative tone.

"Are you scared of sleeping alone?" I teased him.

"Yes, scared that you would do something stupid out here and drown yourself." He replied.

"Why do you care if I drown myself?" I asked.

"Because I paid for you to be my wife and I can't afford to lose you before I get custody." He said and my face flushed in indignation.

"Jerk" I said and looked away, zeroing my eyes back on the water. "Besides, I already did something stupid, I married you "

His nostrils flared at my comment and he huffed. Few seconds later, he sat down beside me and mimicked my position.

"Aria called when you were in the bathroom. She misses you." He said bitterly. "More than she misses her father apparently."

"Aw... Is somebody jealous?" I pouted and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Me? Jealous of you? In your dreams." He said in response.

Instead of responding, I lay down on my back and looked at the sky. The sky never looked so good in New York. It looked like stars were embedded into a thick velvety black curtain. I closed my eyes to commit this view to memory before it becomes a haze in the mayhem of NYC.

"How can someone be at such a pretty place and still be an ass?" I asked my 'husband' and when no answer came, I angled my neck to look at him. And there he was, sleeping like a log, with his mouth partly open.

I smiled at how peaceful he looked and then my smile deepened when I saw his drool. Nathan always looked anxious and in a hurry for something so it was a rare moment, seeing him so calm.

"Mr. Byers, let's go in." I muttered in a low voice. When he didn't wake up, I touched his arm and shook him gently. "Nathan."

"Mmm." He murmured in a sleepy voice.

"Let's go inside." I said and he opened his eyes with a jerk. He looked around himself in shock and then slowly rose to sitting position.

"I guess I'm sleepy." He said and stood up.

"You guess? Genius." I taunted.

He extended his hand for me. I looked between his hand and his face and then took it. He pulled me up and then we both dusted the sand off ourselves. Once inside the room, I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and change into my pajamas.

…..

The next day, Nathan and I went with Helena and Troy to a nearby beach which was known for its seafood. Many other people had also gathered here to enjoy the delicacies, including a group of local sexy hunks. They were showing off their bronzed skin and toned abs while just wearing a pair of boxers.

"The crab was delicious." I said to Helena as we neared the shore. We were taking a swim in the cold water while our husbands were sitting on the chairs, enjoying mimosa.

"You know what else looks delicious? You." One of those guys said to me as they passed my us. I turned my head towards him and he winked in return.

"Ooh." Helena said. "Somebody got an admirer."

"Too late. I'm on my honeymoon now." I chuckled as I passed that man a friendly smile.

"Yeah right. Look at our stupid husbands ogling those bitches." She said and I looked towards Nathan. She was right; both Troy and Nathan were looking at the opposite side of the beach where there was a group of curvaceous blonde women playing football.

I scrunched my nose and then turned towards Helena, who had vanished into thin air. I looked around for her and found her talking to one of those sexy local guys.

"Someone looks lonely." The same guy who had flirted to me before walked over to me.

"Actually I'm with.... Never mind." I whispered under my breath. "Ellie."

"Amar." He said, smiling. He was about half a feet taller than me and he had curly brown eyes. His eyes were the color of honey and his body was toned and chiseled.

"Do you live around?" I asked as we began to walk along the beach.

"Yes, you?" He said and I felt him checking me out. It wasn't his fault though; I knew I looked sexy in the black two piece I was wearing. I even caught Nathan gawking at me when he saw me take off the robe once we arrived here.

"I'm from US." I said, tucking a lock of free hair behind my ears.

My eyes went to Nathan and I saw him looking towards us with curious eyes and an annoyed face. Smirking, I turned around and continued walking to the other side with Amar.

"So what do you do, Amar?" I asked.

"I'm a lifeguard here." He said, stretching his arms and damn, he had some muscles that I couldn't even name.

"Nice." I said. "So if I were drowning, would you save me?"

Did I just try to flirt? Oh God, how pathetic!

"That depends. Would you still be wearing this bikini while drowning?" He smiled, showing his dimples and my cheeks grew red.

"Ellie." I heard someone call my name from behind and I didn't need to turn around to see who it was.

"Yes." I said, facing my dear husband.

"Our wedding photos are here. I've emailed them to you." He said, stressing over the word wedding for apparent reason.

"You're married?" Amar asked and I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"Yes. And I'm the lucky guy." Nathan said and stepped closer to me, wrapping his arm around my naked waist. I blushed as his fingers tickled the sensitive skin of my waist.

"Right. Congratulations." Amar said awkwardly. "I'll go find something to eat."

Once Amar had left, I slid Nathan's hand away from my waist. "What's wrong with you?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"What's wrong with you?" Nathan said, putting his hands over his hips in an attempt to look angry. "Thirsting over other men while on our honeymoon? That's not very good acting of a lovey dovey couple."

"Oh right. And what were you doing back there Mr. Righteous? Ogling at half naked women like a creep." I said while my nostrils flared.

"What?" He asked and looked at where I was pointing. "Oh that. We were looking at the baby dolphins."

I looked back at that side of the beach and found a couple of baby dolphins hopping in and out of the water. Embarrassment washed over me and I looked away to avoid looking at him.

One corner of his mouth lifted into a smirk and he asked, "Were you jealous?"

"Jealous? Me? Yeah, right." I huffed in an annoyed voice.

"It's okay. I understand. But sweetheart, I'm all yours." He said dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm leaving." I said and turned around.

"Should I close my eyes? So I don't accidentally look at some other woman." He said to irk me and he was successful in doing that.

"Fuck you." I said, showing my middle finger and then began walking away from him.

…………………………………