26. BLISSFULLY IN LOVE

NATHAN

This is a fake marriage yet whenever I see Ellie with someone else, it boils my blood. That explains how I reacted when I saw her with that muscular hunk at the beach earlier today. I just wanted him to know she was off limits although logically, she wasn't. 

I told myself that I was just doing this to keep the pretence of a jealous, possessive husband in front of Helena and Troy but I knew very well it wasn't true. There was something about this girl that turn me crazy and that’s why I wanted to go back home as soon as I can. The more I stay with her, the more I risk losing control.

After spending the whole day on the beach, we finally made our way back to the resort at 9pm. My muscles were aching because after a long time, I had gone in water. I wasn’t used to such intense swimming sessions.

"I'm tired." Ellie said as she was tiptoeing towards our room. I hated how attractive she had looked the whole day, making it harder for me to ignore her. The black material hugged her each and every curve, flaunting her soft skin, making her look irresistible. Glad it was gone.

"Me too." I said and stretched my arms. "Let's sleep early today."

"You are so boring." She snorted while yawning. "But yeah, we should."

Once inside the villa, I went straight to change into comfortable clothes. When I returned, the lights in the room were dimmed and Ellie was standing in front of the glass window, staring at the water. She has already changed into a floral dress before leaving the beach and under the bright moonlight, she looked ethereal. 

Her dark hair was sprawled all over her tiny waist and her bare, toned legs were inviting me for view. I angled my neck to get a better view of her shapely ass and when I realized what I was doing, I sighed in embarrassment. It wasn't completely my fault though, she had a great body.

"What's your obsession with water?" I walked over behind her and her feminine scent entered my nose.

"I grew up in Dallas so seaview wasn't really a thing in my childhood." She said. "Besides, back in the states, you never get to appreciate the beauty of nature due to all the hustle bustle. Nobody has the time to stop and take a breath, like you for example."

"Nature is overrated." I said and earned a frown from her.

"Thank God, this marriage isn't real." She whispered under my breath and this time, it was my turn to scowl. 

"You seem pretty grateful for that." I said bitterly. "Besides, you are safe. You aren't my type."

Her eyebrows dipped as she stared back at me. "Really? What's your type, Mr. Byers?"

"A tall, mature, sexy, sensible blonde." I said to irk her because she was short and brunette. 

"So you could divorce her once more?" She asked. Ouch!

"Serena wasn't sensible." I said. "She was arrogant, volatile and rash."

"Oh, so like you?" Ellie said and I glared at her. 

"Whatever Snarky pants." I said and walked back to the bed, lying down to sleep.

Few minutes later, the bed shifted beside me while I was scrolling my phone. I saw her lying straight, staring at the ceiling, deep in some thoughts.

"What is it now?" I asked, putting the phone away.

"Nothing. I just feel sad." She sighed.

"Why? PMSing?" I asked.

"Yeah if a girl is showing any emotion, there must be something wrong with her hormones." She said sharply.

"Stop getting offended at everything I say." I said, turning to my side to face her. "And of course I would say that if you're happy one minute and sad the next. It doesn't make sense."