11. burn it

BURN IT

BURN IT

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ Hopper is trying to explain how there are tunnels underground that are spreading through the town and how it's somehow connected to Will. "The place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo-dogs," Dustin interrupts.

Hopper raises his eyebrows. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgan and dogs. You put 'em together, it sounds pretty badass."

Hopper looks incredulous. "How is this important right now?"

"It's not. I'm sorry."

"I can do it," Eleven says, looking up to Hopper with determination in her eyes.

Hopper shakes his head, looking scared, almost. "You're not hearing me."

"I'm hearing you. I can do it."

"Even if El can, there's still another problem,"Mike butts in. "If the brain dies the body dies."

Max looks confused. "I thought that was the whole point?"

"It is, but if we're really right about this...I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayers army."

"Will's apart of that army," Lucas finishes Mike's sentence. Gina is barely hanging on to what they're talking about. "Closing the gate will kill him."

That last sentence made everyone fall into an uneasy silence.

Without speaking, Mrs. Byers leads everyone into Will's room. He's sleeping again.

Gina stands in the doorway, but it's not far enough away so she can't feel the cool breeze coming through the window.

"He likes it cold," Mrs. Byers says. "It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold." She runs over and shuts the window. "We keep giving it what it wants."

Nancy steps forward. "If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..." she trails off.

"Then we need to make the host uninhabitable," Jonathan says from Will's bedside.

"We need to burn it out of him," Mrs. Byers says, her voice shaking along with her hands.

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time," Mike points out. "Somewhere far away."