CHAPTER 15: ALYA

I stood in the doorway waiting for dev, as soon as I saw Dev step into the penthouse. His warm smile lit up the room, instantly making me feel at ease. Dev, with his kind eyes and easy going charm, was the perfect antidote to the tension I'd been feeling since my arrival in New York.

"Hey, you beautiful," he said, wrapping me in a gentle hug. "How was New York till now?"

"It was good," I replied, my smile genuine as I pulled back to look at him. "Met my team leader, got my ID, and even managed to do some unpacking."

"Well, Someone was productive," Dev said, his eyes twinkling with excitement. "I can't wait to explore the city with you," He said, as he threw his bags in and pulled me out.

We spent the afternoon wandering through Central Park. We strolled hand-in-hand, stopping to admire the serene lakes and bustling street performers. Dev's enthusiasm was infectious, and I found myself laughing and relaxing more with each passing minute.

From there, we ventured to Times Square in the evening, the neon lights and towering billboards creating a dazzling spectacle. Dev insisted on taking a our couple photos, our faces glowing with happiness amidst the sea of lights. I was truly happy with him.

"Tomorrow's your big day, huh?" Dev asked as we shared a pretzel from a street vendor, his tone supportive and encouraging.

"Yeah," I said, nodding. "I start at the office. I'm excited and pressured. Casy, my Team leader is expecting a lot from me."

"You'll do great," Dev said confidently, squeezing my hand. "You're amazing at what you do, and they'll see that."

"You are the best," I said, feeling a warmth spread through me. "Honestly having you here makes it all feel a lot less intimidating."

As the evening sky began to darken, we made our way back to the penthouse. We took the subway, and I leaned my head on Dev's shoulder as we watched the city blur past through the windows. It felt comforting, this quiet moment shared after the day's adventures.

Once home, we settled on the couch, enjoying the view of the city skyline from the large windows. I brought us both hot chocolate as we sat there and watched.

"I am also starting my PA job tom," Dev asked, his voice a soothing murmur.

"You will do great," I said, smiling up at him.

Tomorrow was a new beginning for both of us, and I am very looking forward to it.

"So, all set?" Casy asked as I entered her cabin.

"Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this project its going to be wild," I replied, feeling the excitement inside me.

"As you heard in the meeting, this super car project is a huge deal for our company. Designing a super luxurious sports car isn't a small task. It will add a lot to your resume, too," she said, her eyes sparkling with the potential success.

"I know. I'll make the designs as soon as possible for the bidding. We're going to win this project; I assure you of that," I said with confidence.

"Well, there's something you need to know. The bidding will be done with the PA," she said, her tone taking on a more serious note.

"Huh? It's a million-dollar project, and the company owner doesn't want to show up?" I asked, surprised.

"What can we say now? He's too busy, I guess. Maybe with a side chick," she said, winking.

"However, tomorrow we're going to present the sample design. Be ready for that," she added.

"Sure," I said, leaving the room.