CHAPTER 10: ALYA

I don't know what's wrong with him. Yesterday, in the rain, the dance, and the moment we shared meant so much to me. I guess he didn't want it, judging by the way he pulled back, but I could see that desire in his eyes. I saw him fighting so hard to pull his hands off me.

The way I felt yesterday, his fingers around my waist, and his hand on my face, was something unreal. His touch sent shivers down my spine, igniting a fire inside me that I hadn't felt before. Every brush of his skin against mine was sparking a deep, burning need that coursed through my entire body.

In that moment, as we danced in the rain, all I wanted was for him to kiss me and lose himself in me. The way his eyes darkened with desire, the way his breath hitched when our bodies pressed together—it was clear that he wanted me, too. I could feel the tension in his touch, the way his hands trembled slightly as he caressed my face, as if he was barely holding himself back.

When I closed my eyes, wanting him to kiss me. I was lost in the anticipation, my heart pounding in my chest as I waited for the kiss that never came. Instead, he pulled away, leaving me breathless and yearning.

"Let's go back to the room," seriously? his voice strained, almost as if he was trying to convince himself as much as he was trying to convince me. The moment was shattered, and I was left standing there, soaked to the bone, feeling exposed and confused.

I don't understand why he held back. I saw the desire in his eyes, I felt it in his touch, the way his fingers lingered on my skin, the way his breath quickened when we were close. Yet, he pulled away, leaving me to wonder if I had imagined it all, if the connection I felt was one- sided.

The only desire I had was for him to give in, But he didn't, and now I was left questioning everything.

You know what, screw Alex Hall. Today is Mehndi, and I'm going to focus on that. I need to wear a saree after all. I pulled my green lehanga from the cupboard and started putting it on.

As I struggled to tie the blouse knot, it got caught on my necklace. I tried to reach my back, but it was impossible. Frustration was setting in when I suddenly felt eyes on me. Glancing into the mirror, I saw Alex gazing at me with an intensity that made my heart skip a beat. His eyes roamed over me as if I were his meal, and the look in them was both unsettling and thrilling.

Turning around to face him, I asked, "What are you here for?"

"May I?" he asked, his voice low and smooth, indicating his desire to tie the knot for me.

I shook my head slightly in approval and turned back around, pulling my hair to the side to give him access. As he made his way towards me, I could feel his eyes on me, checking me out like a predator sizing up its prey.

His fingers brushed against my bare back as he untangled the necklace from the saree. The touch was electric, sending shivers down my spine. His closeness was intoxicating, making it hard to focus on anything but the sensation of his hands on me. Each touch was deliberate, almost possessive, as if he were claiming me with every movement.

"Hold still," he murmured, his voice a warm whisper in my ear. His breath was hot against my skin, making me shiver. Instead of using his hands, he leaned in closer. My breath hitched as I felt his lips graze my neck, He carefully untangled the lace of the necklace with his teeth gently taking hold of the delicate lace and pulling it free.

The sensation was almost too much to bear. Every nerve in my body was on fire, and I had to fight to keep still. He took his time, each brush of his lips against my skin was sending waves of heat through me. It was a slow, deliberate torment.

Finally, he freed the lace from the knot. His hands moved to the blouse, His fingers lingered, grazing my skin with every movement, tying the knot. He tied it firmly, almost too firmly, making me gasp as a small moan escaped my lips. The moan seemed to have an effect on him; I saw a flicker of satisfaction in his eyes and a slight smile tugging at the corner of his lips.