Chapter 7. Vacation

It's been 4 months since Lucy moved out and the twins are now 6 months. Lucy and Tim haven't talked much except for dropping the boys off.

Tim doesn't really know why they haven't talked much but in the past two months but he just assumed she wanted to keep things professional.

Lucy recently became a detective so that could be apart of it however no one really knew why she iced out Tim.

Lucy walked into Greys office and he smiled "Hey detective Chen. How are the boys?" She smiled "They're good are you and Luna still good for dinner next weekend"

He nodded "Yes but what can I do for you right now"  Lucy handed him a file "Thorsen arrested someone involved in a hit and run and I got them to lead me to an illegal drug ring. I organized a bust today but"

Grey raised an eyebrow "You're still giving Bradford the silent treatment and he's the only one who can organize that" She made the 😐 face. "Bingo" He chuckled and nodded.

He saw Tim walking past his office "Bradford!" He turned and walked in "What can I do for you Sarge" Grey handed him the folder "Detective Chen needs you on assignment. You're also riding with her today."

Tim nodded and Grey chimed in again "That's not gonna be weird is it?" Tim looked at him and chuckled "We have twins together I'm sure it's fine" he said causing Grey to chuckled and he walked out.

He got everything ready then walked over to Lucy "Shops ready and I've got everything set for the raid" She nodded "Alright let's roll."

They got into the shop and Tim looked over at her trying to start small stalk "So Deacon crawled yesterday" he said handing her his phone. She quickly grabbed it "Oh my gosh that's like a full crawl"

He smiled "I know! They both also slept through the night last night" her jaw dropped "What! I hope they do that at my house" he chuckled as the continued small talk.

It was hard to admit that hearing her say her house instead of our house hurt me inside. Tim looked at her and spoke softly "So I've been meaning to ask you something but you have talked to me much."  She looked at him waiting for his question.

He took a deep breath and asked her "So Angela and Wesley invited the boys and I on vacation and I was wondering if you wanted to go." She chuckled "Why do you want me to go?"

He scoffed "Lucy you gotta stop acting like I hate you. I want you around."

Lucy didn't really know why she was acting that way towards Tim. It could definitely be fun to go with them.

She nodded "Okay yes I'll go with you guys but I'm hanging out with Angela" she says smiling looking at him to see his reaction. He chuckled "okay that's fine"

*next week on vacation*

They walked into the hotel room and set the boys car seats down before getting them out. Lucy walked in behind him as she had decided to share a room with him. She wasn't sure why she did it and it was probably just to be closer to the boys.

He wanted to be full Tim about her sharing a hotel room with so he did. He smirked "Angela said you didn't want to get another room?" She chuckled "Waste of money. We can share the same bed"

He chuckled as they both unpacked the boys. "Wesley's loaded and they're paying for the whole thing. So don't act like you did it for the money." She glared at him. "Maybe I wanted to make sure you didn't sneak the nanny in here"