Chapter 9. Co-Parenting blues

The boys are 9 months old now. It's been 3 months since the vacation communication and now they haven't really spoken much. They just speak through Angela. They just do the pickups and drop offs at Angela's house since the nanny is there.

Tim was working at his desk when he saw Angela walk up to him with the boys. He chuckled "I was wondering how she was gonna do it since she was off today" he said grabbing the stroller from her.

Angela chuckled "she caught me in the parking lot and ask if I'd bring them to you." He shook his head "I don't know when she's gonna talk to me again. I'm hoping their birthday." He said looking at a list on his desk.

She laughed "yeah she told to tell you that she was hoping the boys party could be at your house and that you can just text her suggestions" he groaned "This is insane Angela. She won't talk to me when I text her she just asks if it's an emergency and when I say no she doesn't respond. At work she walks past me and has smitty be the middle man. I don't know how much longer she can stay mad at me."

Angela shrugged "what did you say?" "All I said was that I thought she didn't love me the way I loved her." Tim said walking with Angela towards the door.

Angela sighed "Honestly I don't know how you're gonna fix this" she said then said goodbye to the boys and left.

Tim walked into his house and put the boys in their highchair. "Okay boys Steak or Chicken" he said holding one in each hand. They both reached for the steak "You're definitely Bradfords" Tim said laughing turning around to start cooking the steak.

He put some puffs and water cups on their trays and put baseball on the tv so they would be occupied while he cooked. This is what they do everyday after work on his days.

They get picked up around 8pm (in the show it pointed out they work 12 hour days and then Lucy once said work starts at 8am) and then they go home and they sit in their high chairs watching whatever sport is in season while Tim Cook's them dinner.

After they all three eat they get baths, a story then go to sleep. He only works 3 sometimes 4 days a week so on days off it's a little different but he still has them on a routine.

Lucy thinks he's crazy but that's how he runs his house. On a routine. It works for him so that's what he does. He believes everyone needs structure and a routine.

Wash.Rinse. Repeat. Lucy says. She has more of a free go with the flow routine with the boys which is fine but they know that's not how it is here.

Tim fed the boys and ate himself then got them ready for bed. He stood in their doorframe as they fell asleep imagining what bedtime would be like if Lucy and him were together.

He sighed and walked into his room when he got a text and looked down. It was Rachel. That's random. He picked up his phone to read them.

Rachel: Hey, I know this is weird but would you want to get dinner this week? Maybe catch up

Tim: I'm sorry I have the boys this week but they go to Lucy Friday so I can do Friday

He thought as he texted her. Ugh I don't want to get back with her I want Lucy but it's fine it's just a dinner. I could use the night.

Rachel: Oh your Deacon and Griffins dad... I did not know that. Do you see them often?

His eyes peered in a "what the fuck" face as he didn't understand how she didn't know that.

Tim: Yeah how did you not know? I've been around since day one. We have 50/50.

Tim was pissed at that so he text Lucy even though she might not respond to him

Tim: So Rachel texted but she didn't know I was the Twins dad.

Lucy: Yeah... I didn't tell her in hopes you'd be able to get back together

Tim: Lucy don't ever do that again. They're mine. I'm never not gonna claim them.

He didn't even know if she was gonna respond to that he was super upset. The boys were his and always will be. He decided to text Rachel.

Tim: Idk why Lucy didn't tell you and I'm sorry for getting snippy but if you'd like we can go to dinner Friday.

Rachel: Honestly you got with my best-friend and had kids with her after I left so I'm not really okay with that.

Tim: That's what I told Lucy but she was saying you wouldn't care and I knew you would

Now he was even more in his head then ever. He wanted love but he wanted it with Lucy no one else. He just didn't understand why she didn't want him.

Tim spent months talking to girls back and forth. Trying to fill the void when the boys were at Lucy and nothing could do it. He was suffering and he couldn't do anything about it.

*small chapter but more are coming*