Chapter 11. Maybe this could work

When Tim and Lucy were at work they were always civil. A lot of people knew they had a past that ended in a bad break up but they were also super great at being Co-Parents.

Lucy told Angela and Nyla about the plans they had for that night. "Do you think this is the right thing to do?" Nyla said peering up from her phone.

Angela scoffed "Nyla don't talk her out of it" Nyla responded "I'm not trying to and I know you're team Chenford but look what happened last time. They got all awkward and the only thing that fixed the awkwardness was the boys." They both looked at her confused. "All I'm saying is don't do it because you miss the relationship or you want a family."

Lucy smiled "I'm not. Seeing how he was during my pregnancy, the delivery and everything he's done for the boys makes me realize how much of him I still love... actually I still love all of him and I don't think I ever stopped."

Angela turned "Then why didn't you get back together when you found out about Deacon and Griffin." She sighed "Because I didn't want him to just get back with me to make a family. I wanted him to prove he loved me because of me not because I was the mother of his child" they didn't see Tim standing so close by. "I love you for both reasons by the way." He said quickly as he walked away smirking to himself.

Angela laughed "Well there's your answer. Have fun tonight."

Tim was in the locker room when Aaron approached him "Some of the guys are gonna go to Nolan's. Do you want to come or do you have the boys?"

Tim looked over at him "No I don't have them they're gonna be with my sister." Nolan peeked over "So then you're coming?" Tim chuckled "Nope I've got a date."

They all said "oooh" in unison. "Finally moving on?" Aaron said causing Tim to glare "what's that supposed to mean" Nolan chuckled "he's just saying you haven't been with anyone in awhile. "Well I wasn't gonna do it while Lucy was pregnant and then I focused on becoming a dad" he barked back.

Aaron looked at him as he shut his locker "So then who is the lucky lady" Tim smirked "Lucy." He then walked out. Aaron and Nolan immediately looked at each other and then ran out to go to Nyla and Angela.

Lucy saw Tim walk out and walked over to him "Hey, so your sister called and she picked Griffin and Deacon up from your place already and relieved the nanny." Tim looked at her weird "Why?"

She grabbed his hand walking towards his truck "Because she had to pack them more in their bags because she's keeping them until Sunday" his eyes widened "Lucy they haven't ever been gone that long and she-" Lucy laughed "has 3 kids. She will be fine plus when she found out we were going out she asked if I just wanted to make it a weekend thing and I said yes."

He smiled "So what are we just gonna stay home?" She shook her head "Nope we're going to Big Bear" he laughed "Lucy it's March it's gonna be cold there" she smirked "exactly why we're going and staying in a cabin" he smirked getting into the truck "I like you're thinking but I'm not packed and neither are you."

She hopped in his truck and point to the bags "Actually I had your sister pack you a bag and drop it off and Tamara made me one and dropped it off" Tim looked at her and quickly kissed her "You've just thought of everything."

She sighed getting a sad look as they drove off "Well I missed this. I missed us" He looked over at her quickly and picked up her "I know. I have too but I think this time apart was good."

She looked at him weird "What do you mean? You liked being apart?" She said worriedly.

He shook his head "No. I'm saying the past year I got to learn who Griffin and Deacon are without worrying about other things that come with a relationship. I was able to fully focus on them and now I can shift that focus towards you a little bit."