Chapter 16: Family Night

They've been living together for 8 months and the boys just turned 2. It's been 8 months since the miscarriage and they haven't told anyone but John and Genny. He only knew because he was there that day and Lucy told Genny everything.

Lucy didn't like talking about it. She just avoided the conversation about it and having more babies.

Lucy was at her desk when Tim walked over "Hey, My sister asked if we were still on for family night" Lucy looked up "Yeah did you tell her Lopez and Wesley asked to come"

Tim nodded "She said more the merrier" Lucy chuckled "Pregnancy makes her giddy huh"

He rolled his eyes "You have no idea. This may be her 4th but still acts like it's her first"

Lucy laughed and then asked him "Why did she think I wasn't okay with family night"

Tim sighed "Well she's starting to show and she just was concerned that's all"

Lucy would be lying if it didn't make her sad just a tiny bit. She was happy for Genny but sad that her and Tim would've both have a kid around the same time. She smiled softly "I'm okay. Really it's fine."

Tim looked around then kissed her cheek "Okay good. I'll tell her oh also I have to go somewhere after work so I'll meet you at home."

Lucy smiled and nodded and continued with her day.

Tim walked over to Angela "Did you get her ring size?" Angela nodded "Yeah but hasn't she been very vocal about not wanting to be engaged yet"

He groaned "yes but I already bought it because she'll be ready eventually I just need to size it. I also am getting her a birthstone ring of the boy" he was also putting what would've been there other babies birthstone but he didn't say that.

"Look at you getting ahead of it already. I like it" Angela said as he chuckled "Didn't take me more than 5 minutes to know I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life. I'm just waiting on her now." Angela smiled as he said that.

*later that night* 

Lucy was at home getting the boys ready when Tim opened the front door and Deacon took off.

Lucy groaned "Babe will you please make him get dressed!" She yelled loud enough for him to hear

Tim laughed looking down at the naked Toddler running around the house. "Deacon. Clothes now" He barked which normally made both twins behave right away.

"No" Deacon said running around

Tim looked at him shocked. They were normally like that with Lucy but not him. Lucy walked in and giggled "Terrible 2s really are present in the Bradford household today"

He chuckled "I can see that. Do you have clothes picked out for him?" 

She nodded and handed them to him and thus started Tim chasing Deacon around the house after 5 minutes he finally grabbed him. "I got you" he said causing Deacon to belly laugh. 

Tim walked over to Lucy after letting the boy run amuck while they wait for the guests. He leaned down and kissed her "I'm sorry I didn't say hi to you yet" 

She smiled and kissed him back. Tim was a man of routine. He would come home kiss both boys and then her. 

Lucy giggled "It's fine but I am curious where you went after work." She said giving him a slight side eye as she started getting all of the food ready.

He smiled and set a ring box down in front of her. She looked up at him "Tim is that" He shook his head "No this is not how I would propose. Just open it"