Chapter 23: Splitsville?

Lucy looked at him "I don't know if I can marry you"

A tear slipped from his eye and his voice shaky "what did I do?"

"There has to be more to the story" She said as there's no way Ashley was just clueless

He shook his head "No there's not ask the boys. They can tell you she walked up to us on the beach and then walked away. I didn't even hug her Lucy I promise. She kissed my cheek that was it. Baby please don't do this" he said begging and pleading with pain in his voice.

"I don't believe you"

He bit his lip and looked up "Lucy please"

"We'll talk in the morning" Lucy just knew there was more to the story. She could feel it

He looked down his sadness turned cold. He nodded, shoved the ring in his pocket and handed her the monitor walking away "Here your turn. Im going out"

"Where?" She asked

He threw his hands up completely angry now "Doesn't matter does it"

Tim got in his truck and called Angela "Hey two things. Can you meet me at the range and can I crash at your house tonight"

Angela looked at the time *8pm* luckily neither of them worked tomorrow "Well hello and Yes to both I'm on my way"

Wesley looked at her "Uh oh what's going on?" She shrugged "I got no clue but I'll let you know when I find out"

Tim was already there shooting when Angela approached. He unloaded his gun and set it down.

A: What's going on?

T: Lucy freaked out on me and gave me the ring back. She called the wedding off.

A: What did you do? And did she already officially cancel it

T: No I don't think so and honestly I don't know

A: Timothy?

T: The boys and I were at the beach and Ashley walked up to us and talked to me and kissed me on the cheek and left

A: How did she find out?

T: I came home and told her immediately. I didn't even hug her Angela she kissed my cheek and walked away.

A: What did Lucy say? Like why is she mad

T: She says there's more to the story

A: Is there?

"No!" He shouts getting angrier and angrier by the second. All he's wanted to do for years was be with Lucy. They were so close to it and Ashley comes along and ruins it.

Angela and Tim spend the rest of the time in silence just shooting. Tim goes to Angela's house and sleeps the rest of the anger off.

He wakes up as he gets a ding a text from lucy. "Can you come home please" is all it read

"On my way Love" he responded jumping into his truck immediately.

He walked inside quietly as it was 7am and the boys were still asleep. He got to the dining room table where she was sitting.

He smiled softly still broken "Are you ready to tell me what's bothering you so you can put this back on" He said sliding the ring across the table.

She nods "Ashley texted me last night"

He raised his eyebrow "about?"

"Well the reason I thought you were lying. She sent me texts between you guys and-" before she could finish Tim unlocked his phone and slid it to her "Read them all. I promise you there's nothing in there that I have to hide. I love you and only you" a tear slipped from his eye as he thought about her leaving him