Favoritism

Marina is Nicholas, her younger brother's fiancee.

"I'm so glad you decided to seek professional help." Marina was confused why the snobbish oldest daughter of her fiance family suddenly called her.

She was a pediatrician but their family has a hospital, so asking her help was the quickish she could think of.

Marina doesn't like Amara due to obvious preferral treatment of their father toward her and she felt sorry for her fiance. But she doesn't hate her either.

"Amara Daelelam."

"Thanks for coming here with me and helping me get an appointment to the doctor and dentist. You don't have to wait for me." Amara thanked Marina and she walked to the doctor secretary.

Marina texted her fiance.

Nicholas immediately called.

"Hello, are you serious? Older sister went to a check up? How is she?"

"Calm down. Didn't you say you are busy? I guess you are not too busy if it's about your sister." Marina pouts.

"Is she alright?"

"You won't even care what I say?"

"You know how busy I am. But Older sister hates hospitals so much. After our mother died even if you kill her she won't go near any medical clinic. Now you are telling me she even calls you for a favor?"

Marina sighs.

"I understand you are worried for her. But she looks normal..her normal self? But she actually thanked me before she shooed me away."

"I'm sorry. I'll compensate you in some other way. Do you want anything?"

"Did I do this for you to owe me? I just did it for your sake. It's nothing. But if you insist...it's been awhile since we had dinner together."

"Alright. I will make time tonight. Claritine hotel? 9pm?"

"Are you actually busy? Why did you suddenly open?"

"I move my meetings."

"Can you do that? Then you wouldn't do that if I didn't do a favor for your sister?"

"You are being difficult, Marina. I know I have been busy but why are you trying to fight me today?"

Marina sighs.

"I just felt like you only prioritize me today because I did something for Amara. Amara is so precious to you and your family even when she is being so difficult. I feel like she is your priority."

".........you are jealous of...my sister?"

Marina blushes.

Nicholas chuckles after the awkward silence.

"Alright. It's my fault I haven't spared some free time. It was just the time where there are many things at work. But after this month, I'll have more time. It happens every year so I take for granted how clingy you are."

Marina snorted but didn't repute.

"Don't be angry, okay. But can you still ask my older sister what happened in her check up?

We are really worried about her. You know both our mother and father side of the family have a history of heart attack and her weight is concerning."

"Alright. I'll stay and wait for her."

Marina shakes her head.

"Thank you,dear."