Play Nice

"C-calm down Martin." Amara said, pulling Michael behind her.

"What? What did he just say? Huh?" Michael is short circuiting.

"You shut up for me." Amara pinches his side.

Martin frowns.

"I know Amara and I started wrong. But for the past month I had fallen for her. I want to make this right. What should I do?"

"Martin.." Amara throws away the whole plot thing. Did she actually make this man in love with her?

'But I didn't do anything special.'

She isn't very close with the twins either which is the novel's key to the male lead's heart. They are closer than before but not to the point that they can sleep-in-one-bed-close.

And she just does the bare minimum as a partner.

She cooks for their lunch but moving the spatula around can be done by anyone. The chef is still the one who prep and control the seasoning. But she admits with everyday cooking with him, she felt her cooking skill really getting better.

But will that move him to fall for her?

Isn't he easy then?

How can Martin be an easy target?

Well Martin is a narcissist.

Him liking someone who likes him makes sense.

But there are dozens of women who do.

'Is it because she is brave enough to say how she feels? I love how you love me-kind of scenario? I can't understand what makes me 'the special one' in his heart?'

While Amara is questioning Martin's taste.

Michael's brain is already questioning the extraterrestrials.

'Maybe he is an alien. That makes sense.'

Martin lips twitch. The sibling reacted so identical it was hard not to laugh.

"Actually, I was planning to contact Mr. Studip. I have been really rude to him before. It won't be easy but I plan to do it anyway. Courting Amara."

Amara felt a hot liquid running down her nose.

"Akkk!" Michael wipes her nose.

"You. You!" He glares at both Amara and Martin.

"Stop fooling around!"

"I am serious." Martin said.

"How about you call an exorcist to remove the evil spirit in your body that's making you do that."

Michael trembles as he said.

"What are you saying? I'm voodoo-ing him?" Amara glares.

"Or what? Should I just believe he has fallen for you?" Michael looks at her.

"Look in the mirror and say that again."

"Why not? I...I am cute too...?"

The two look at each other and shivers.

Martin ignores them. It's hard to get serious with a clown around.

'Ah?' He looks at Amara meaningfully.

'Even when she acts foolish and I hate stupid people, I still like her. It's really strange. Usually someone should have the looks to compensate for their lacking personality. But all she has is humor and dedication yet I still fell for it?' He smiles dotingly as he looks at her.