The Bet

It's been two weeks since Amara transmigrated in this world. She tried to do some diet and exercise at her own pace but seems like nothing is changing and her weight is even increasing a few grams a day which bothers her.

"Am I not allowed to get slimmer? I mean my goal is just 100 kilos which is still fat. So why?"

She never actually do dieting in her previous life so she never understand the struggle of being depress if you ses no change after doing just every torture.

"Martin..."

Martin flinched and pause seeing Amara's aggrieved face.

'About time.'

She usually ask him to go here and there together and eat out every single opportunity. In term of feelings, he never doubted that Amara really loves him but even devotion is not enough for a relationship especially not in one sided love.

"What?" He wipes his lips with a napkin and looks at her sad face.

"Do you...know any reliable gym who has a fitness instructor?"

"Are you actually trying to get slimmer?"

"Well...I just want to not breathe too loud when I am not doing anything." Amara said, looking at her food.

"Are you really serious?"

Amara sighs.

"If you don't know any fitness gyms then just say so. I have two younger brothers who work out. Why am I even asking you?" She glares at him and angrily eats her food.

"That is how you ask someone's help?" Martin sighs and shakes his head.

"I have a friend who has an exclusive gym for gym members only. They are very strict. If you go to their program, you will really lose weight but I heard many give up because of how harsh it is."

Martin looks at Amara.

"So I just want to know how determined you are."

"That..." she is not really the type to persist in something if it's too difficult.

"Well,"

Martin sighs.

Seeing him made her irks.

"I can do it!"

"Don't force yourself." Martin shrugged his shoulder.

"I am not!" She stood up.

"I will go there today."

"Well, don't tell me I didn't warn you."

"Urgh!"

Martin laughs seeing Amara left angrily.

Then there is an awkward silence in the dining area.

"That....it's been a long time since dad laughs." Leon said smiling but Martin was already frowning.

"How about we make a bet on how long she will last?" Lucas said, breaking the awkward silence.

"How cruel!"

"Three weeks." Martin said putting down a $100.

"Isn't three weeks so generous?" Lucas said.

"She persisted until I was available again to marry me. If one thing is her best trait, it's her tenaciousness."

"Oh...I was about to bet 3 days but alright. I say 2 months!" Lucas said, putting down his money.

Leon angrily grabs his wallet and puts down his money too.

"Mom will be able to last more than three weeks and 2 months!"

"She is persistent but she is also gluttonous so don't cry if you lose." Martin said, folding his arms.

Martin makes a phone call to Stephen.

Laureen's brother and the twin's uncle.

He is the owner of the exclusive gym..

Stephen was shocked Martin called him to ask for this favor but he is alsi pissed about it.

The woman who forces herself to replace his sister's position in the family and be called mom after his dead sister will come to his sanctuary?! He wanted to curse at Martin but realized that he can just get back at Amara.

So he accepted her membership application and soon made a schedule for her.

"Amara, that pig actually wanted to change? She thinks the only thing disgusting about her is her body." He angrily clenched his fist.

Amara came to the gym.

It was huge and elegant.

The people working out also look very professionals.

She expects at least one who will make a video routine but no one is doing it.

"....All the people here already have good figures. Is this really a good match for me?"

She said worriedly.

There are place you know you don't belong not because it wasn't welcoming but has a different vibe for what you are looking for. But it was the first time Martin helped her personally so just accepted her fate.

She walks in and tells the receptionist her name.

The woman was a bit flustered and said it's her first time seeing her so they need to double check her membership.

She didn't mind and waited for at least 1 and half hours.

She thinks for a huge and elegant gym, you'll think their service will be top notch but she is a bit disappointed.

Still she didn't make a fuss.

The receptionist apologized a million times before she was finally able to enter the gym.

"Am, I requested a trainor." She said to the receptionist.

"Ah! Right... I'm sorry all the trainor today are fully booked. Can you wait till the trainer get free time? Or wait for me to call someone."

"........"

Amara thinks this place with an annual 400 thousand membership fee has such a cheap service!

"Well...I'll wait."

"I'm really sorry.. it's just today that everything seems nothings going right." The receptionist said worriedly.

Amara paused.

She experienced that too.

Plus she has nowhere else to go. She is rich and has all the free time.

"Don't mind it. Take your time."

Amara smiles at her.

The receptionist looks at her boss on the second floor of the gym.

"Why is he so mean to her? She seems so nice. Is he actually fat phobic?"

Her opinion of her boss was lowering.