Compromise

Amara looks at the school.

It's like a university.

'I fxck up.'

To exaggerate the wealth of the character of course she wrote big words.

Like how big are the buildings, how high tech and how advanced the school is.

When she finds things that almost look the same as she describes, she feels embarrassed.

Like this school. Given that this is an escalator school from day care to University, it still defies some common sense.

"What are you thinking?" Martin looks up as she gapes.

"No..nothing."

Martin grins tilting his head.

"You didn't attend this school but given how dedicated you are to me, have you been watching me since my school days?"

Martin graduated from this school before he became an exchange student and got his degree and masters degree overseas.

Amara pouts.

Actually, she doesn't remember.

When did Amara start liking Martin?

Amara is not a big character so she just wrote a few backstories to fit her role.

'Amara has been in love with Martin for years even when Laureen was alive. So when exactly is that?'

Seeing her confused face,Martin's smile slowly disappeared.

"Do you not remember? It's something about me yet you still forgot?"

Amara flinched seeing Martin resentful stare.

"I have been in love with you for so long..Is that important?"

Martin frowns.

"I don't like it. Shouldn't you never forget things about the person you love the most?"

"I will write them from now on so I won't forget." Amara said, rolling her eyes.

Martin squints his eyes.

"Then good. I will check how much you wrote every day from now on."

"Huh? What?"

Martin didn't answer as they arrived in the Principal l's office.

He just gave her a meaningful look then told her to open the door.

The two children already go to their room to avoid being late but Amara needs to promise Lucas they'll see them before they go.

The principal is very enthusiastic about Martin but if the school just easily changes teacher with no apparent reason then the staff and parents will feel uncomfortable.

"I understand your concern. I will talk to Ms. Francheska Renniw about this. But ofcourse to make you more at ease we will assign a supporting teacher to monitor her inside the school. After three months of evaluation if she really seems unfit to continue teaching the class we will change the homeroom teacher and dismiss her. Will this be good enough?"

"I think that is a very reasonable compromise. But I want to suggest Mr. Lawrence Jewel to be the teacher that monitors her. His standing in the school can't easily be shaken and he is a man who doesn't mind offending people. I feel more assured since he can be fair in judging her character."

"Mr. Lawrence is handling a few classes himself but I believe we can still squeeze some time. I will inform him to ask for his opinion in the matter."