Reunited Hearts and Minds

The bustling corridors of Hogwarts were as lively as ever, but today, a peculiar commotion drew Rosalie and Alphard's attention. As they approached the source, they saw Alastor Moody, the grizzled and intimidating ex-Auror, standing in the middle of a circle of students. At his feet, a small, squirming ferret was hopping around frantically.

"Is that...?" Rosalie began, her eyes widening in realization.

"Malfoy," Alphard confirmed with a smirk, crossing his arms over his chest. "Serves him right."

Rosalie's eyes gleamed with a mixture of amusement and satisfaction. "I can't say he doesn't deserve it," she muttered, loud enough for Alphard to hear but not so loud that it would attract Moody's attention.

As they watched, Moody’s magical eye swiveled around to glare at the students, daring anyone to speak out. Rosalie felt a shiver run down her spine, but she couldn’t help but feel that Draco had brought this upon himself. His constant bullying and arrogance had finally caught up with him.

“Let that be a lesson to the lot of you!” Moody growled, his voice echoing through the corridor. “Mess with the wrong people, and you’ll find yourself in a worse position than this ferret!”

The students dispersed, some whispering and others laughing at Draco’s predicament. Rosalie and Alphard shared a knowing glance, the unspoken understanding that Draco’s comeuppance was long overdue.

"Something is off with that Alastor Moody, I'm telling you!" Rosalie stated.

"Nah, you’re just suspicious about everyone lately, dear," Alphard said, putting his hand over her shoulder. "We have our first class with him tomorrow, I guess. Come on, we have to go."

Later that evening, Rosalie found herself wandering the grounds, the cool autumn breeze ruffling her hair. She made her way to the edge of the Forbidden Forest, where she and Cedric had often met in the past. The setting sun cast a golden glow over the landscape, and Rosalie's heart fluttered with anticipation.

As if on cue, Cedric emerged from the shadows of the forest, his handsome face lighting up with a warm smile when he saw her. "Rosalie," he greeted, his voice filled with affection and relief.

"Ceddy," she breathed, closing the distance between them and wrapping her arms around him in a tight embrace. They stood like that for a moment, savoring the reunion after so long apart.

Pulling back slightly, they shared a deep kiss, relishing the familiarity and warmth they had missed. Cedric looked into her eyes, his expression turning playful. "You know, absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I think you've grown even more beautiful."

Rosalie rolled her eyes but couldn't suppress a smile. "Still as charming as ever, I see."

"Only for you, darling," Cedric replied, brushing a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "So, tell me, how's my favorite troublemaker been keeping busy?"

"Me? Trouble?" Rosalie feigned innocence. "I think you're confusing me with my father."

Cedric chuckled, the sound warming Rosalie's heart. "Speaking of which, how's Sirius doing?"

"He's as rebellious as ever, but you know him—always has to keep things interesting," she said with a laugh. "We started to get along a bit better. Alphard has a better relationship with him than I do, but..." She stopped and then shook her head. "But enough about him. What about you? How's everything been?"

Cedric’s smile faltered for a moment, but he quickly masked it. "I've been well, mostly. But there's something important I need to tell you."

Her heart skipped a beat. "What is it?"