24 • The Last Goodbye: Part II

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*🅔🅝🅙🅞🅨 🅡🅔🅐🅓🅘🅝🅖 🅜🅨 🅦🅘🅣🅒🅗🅔🅢 *:・゚✧*:・゚

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

OG Ambrose turned sideways, craning his neck to get a better view of his backside in the floor-length mirror. He ran a hand over the curve of his ass, marveling at the firmness he felt beneath his palm.

"Damn," he muttered, a mix of awe and confusion coloring his voice. "Was I always packing like this?"

The room-Phoebe's, if he could trust what Anthony had told him-felt both familiar and foreign. Like a childhood home revisited after years away. He recognized the general layout, the bohemian decor, but couldn't shake the feeling that something was... off.

His gaze traveled up his reflection, taking in the lean muscles of his torso, the sharp angles of his face. The braids were new, intricate patterns woven with gold bands that caught the light. He definitely didn't remember doing that.

The door creaked open, and OG Ambrose spun to see Anthony entering. Without thinking, he lifted the hem of his shirt, exposing his midsection.

"Dude, I have abs. And a v-line? Since when?"

Anthony's lips twitched, barely containing a giggle. "You, uh, took some fighting lessons. With Mason."

"The hot blonde one?"

Anthony nodded, and OG Ambrose felt a flutter in his stomach that had nothing to do with his newfound muscle definition. He thought back to the brief glimpse he'd caught of Mason earlier. Yeah, the guy had definitely been fit.

As the silence stretched between them, OG Ambrose felt an odd stirring in his mind. It wasn't quite a headache, more like... whispers. Fragments of thoughts that weren't quite his own. He got the distinct impression that Anthony was holding something back, wrestling with how to broach a difficult subject.

"Just spit it out," OG Ambrose said, surprising himself with the directness. "Whatever you need to tell me, I can handle it."

Anthony's hand went to the back of his neck, rubbing nervously. "I want to tell you the truth, man. I just... I don't know if you'll believe me."

OG Ambrose shrugged, gesturing vaguely at his transformed body. "Look, it's pretty obvious things have happened that I don't remember. I could maybe buy waking up with a new tattoo, but this?" He flexed experimentally. "My whole body's different. My hair's different. And I've already seen some seriously weird shit today that science can't explain. So hit me with your probably-true-but-crazy truth. I'm all ears."

Anthony sighed heavily, motioning for OG Ambrose to sit on the bed. As he did, OG Ambrose could almost sense the conflicting thoughts swirling in Anthony's mind, like radio stations competing for the same frequency.

"Okay," Anthony began, his voice low and serious. "We think the person behind this-whatever this is-took your memories to enact some evil plot against the Charmed Ones."

"Those are my cousins, apparently. Right?"

Anthony nodded. "Yeah. We figure they wanted you to forget you were a witch, forget how to use your powers. Give them an advantage, you know? But what they didn't expect-hell, what none of us expected-is that it would bring back memories from before... before our Ambrose came to this world."

OG Ambrose blinked, trying to process the words. "I'm sorry, what do you mean 'your' Ambrose? And 'came to this world'? Is he-am I-what, an alien or something?"

He let out a frustrated sigh, shaking his head. "Jesus, do I have to believe in aliens now too?"

"No, no," Anthony said quickly. "Though at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they existed too, given all the crazy shit I've seen."