04 • 11 • A Friend in Need

~𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕤 𝕕𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕣𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕪𝕒𝕝 𝕠𝕟𝕖~
@loveboyxboy1 
𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕁 & 𝕔𝕠-𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕁

____________

Anthony

"Okay, Ambrose, I'm ready." I sit on his bed and await the important news he's been dying to tell me. He stands in front of me, biting his lip, and glances away as he tries to figure out how to approach me with this.

I try to keep my face as passive as possible. Ambrose described this idea of his as "crazy." I've known Ambrose for quite some time, and as his best friend, I know his idea of crazy is doing something that isn't bad but rather something he thinks isn't typical Ambrose behavior. I don't know how many times I have told him to fuck whatever anyone else thinks and just do whatever makes him happy. If anyone has a problem with that, then they can come to see me to resolve it. Them being decapitated and buried six feet under should fix the issue.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Ambrose, just tell me already. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not as insane as you think."

He finally stops pacing and looks at me with more confidence. "You're right. Maybe it's better if I just show you." He places his hand on his closet door.

I look at him curiously. "Do you have a dead body in your closet?"

"What?"

"Don't worry," I shrug. "We just need to cut off their limbs and then scatter them. The more distance, the better. Wait, no! We can burn them. That's even better. No body, no murder as they say." I nod and grin. My years of watching CSI have prepared me for this moment, and though I always thought it would be Ambrose helping me cover up a murder, the unexpected twist is definitely exciting. "We just have to remember to remove their teeth..."

"No, Anthony," he sighs and then chuckles. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't murdered anyone. Well," he tilts his head as he considers his words. "No one mortal that is." He says and grins.

"Then what's in your closet?"

He opens the door, and instead of being greeted with clothes hanging from hangers, I see a large pool surrounded by rock. I stand up and walk a little closer to get a better look. My mouth hangs in awe as I stand before the precipice of a cavern. I glance at Ambrose, silently asking if it's safe for me to enter, and he gives me a smile and a nod. I take the final step, and the sound of flowing water surrounds me. The first thing I notice is a small ray of light shining down from an opening in the ceiling, creating a spotlight on us. As I look past that, I see stalactites hanging from the ceiling. My eyes follow their direction, and see a lot of them hanging over the small pool. Some seaweed casually floats around in it, and I decide to dip my hand in and splash the cold water around. I shake off the water and glance behind me to see some piles of junk that make me grimace. There's a broken piece of a ship sitting upright with fishnets all around it and broken wooden boxes with shells and other sea oddities piled around it.  As I take in more of the cavern, I notice there is an abundance of fishnets. Some are even being used as curtains horrifyingly. Whoever thought that was a good choice should probably get some therapy.

"I thought your closet only took you to the Underworld," I say to Ambrose, still observing it all.

He shrugs. "It still does, but it can take me to other places as well. It's like a handy portal to wherever."

I can't even hide the smile on my face. "Magic is so cool! But, um, where are we exactly? Oh my god! Are we in another dimension?"

He laughs again. "No, Ant. We're in the South Pacific Ocean. More specifically, we're standing in the cavern of an evil old hag." He must see the look on my face and quickly clarifies. "Don't worry, she's dead," he clears his throat. "You're kinda standing on her, actually."