Chapter 18

Paintings

Wearing a white sweater and blue slim jeans, I pursed my lips while looking at the mirror. This is the second outfit I'm trying to wear today because the first one, a black shirt, made me look even paler than usual.

The white sweater, on the other hand, brightens my complexion and gives me a fresh, clean look. The blue slim jeans fit perfectly, accentuating my legs and providing a nice contrast to the pristine white of the sweater. I adjusted the sleeves, pushing them up slightly for a more casual feel, and straightened the hem to ensure it lay flat.

I feel comfortable wearing this than the first one. I packed my things and went downstairs.

"Ma, alis na po ako..." paalam ko habang lumalapit sa kaniya. He's sitting at the porch with a newspaper in his hand while drinking his  coffee.

Dad had already left for work at 8 am.

Umangat ang tingin niya sa akin at ngumiti, "Take care on your way and send my regards to your Tito's... Enjoy you day!"

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. I remembered how he reacted yesterday when I told him that I'm friends with Sierra. He was even more delighted and excited than I was. He even offered to cook so I could bring food to them, but I declined since Sierra mentioned that she would cook for me.

Bumigat ang panghinga ko nang makita ang pamilyar na daanan papunta sa bahay nila. Mabilis ang tibok ng puso ko dahil sa kaba at kahit air-conditioned ang kotse ay feeling ay pinagpapawisan ako.

"Thank you, kuya Albert. I will just text you na lang po kapag papasundo." he nodded and when the car is out of my sight, I look up at the huge white-golden gate in front of me, marveling at its intricate design. Its ornate details, with swirls and flourishes, hint at the grandeur and opulence that lies beyond.

Huminga ako ng malalim bago naglakad papasok doon. The guards appeared to be expecting me, as they opened the gate without me needing to ask for permission.

I wandered my eyes and left in awe. This is the second time I've been here but their house never fails to amaze me.  At mas maganda siya sa umaga!

The path way continues with a white stone patio and a modern infinity pool that sparkles under the sun, bordered by sleek gold lounge chairs and minimalist landscaping. This house is the epitome of modern luxury.

"Greyson!" tili ni Sierra na masayang tumakbo papalapit sa akin. She's wearing a black maxi dress with a white cute apron on the top of it. 

I was taken aback when she hugged me. Lagi akong nagugulat kapag ganito siya sa akin. As a girl who grew up in the U.S., I know she's liberated. Hindi nga lang ako makapag-adjust kasi ito ang unang beses na naranasan ko ang ganitong intimacy with a girl.

"Good morning..." bati ko sa kaniya. She smiled sweetly as she pulled me inside of their house.

"My parents and my brother left early for work, so we have the house to ourselves!" she giggled excitedly na para bang ang dami niyang pinaghandaan na gagawin para sa araw na 'to.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag sa sinabi niya. Nginingitian ko ang mga nadadaan naming maids at ngingiti din sila pabalik, ang iba ay bumabati pa.

I would love to stay at this house if it weren't for Zeus and the bitter memories he left behind.

"I'd rather fuck an old dying woman than to have feelings with you."

His painful words linger in my mind again, refusing to fade into the background. Each syllable echoes with a sharpness that cuts through me, leaving wounds that refuse to heal. If only I could erase that memory from this place, then maybe I could find peace here once more.