Impossible Delivery

Y/n's P.O.V
On Flower Fruit Mountain, I was training MK.

I dodged MK's attack until I used my tail to wrap around his leg before I threw him.

"Better. Way, way better." I caught MK. "You're totally getting the hang of this, bud!"

"Aw, really?" MK rubs his head.

"Absolutely, bud! There's just one thing you have to work on, and that's your focusing skills." I told him.

"Yeah, I am the best of focus— What do you mean, "work on my focus?!" I-I'm like No. 1 Focus Guy!" MK gasps in offense.

"If anybody is the No. 1 Focus Guy, we'll, No. 1 Focus Girl, it's me." I said.

"What?!" MK pulls out a book, going through its pages. "Literslly, your entire legacy is about you being impulsive and dodging responsibilities.

"Mostly to get away from that monk." I mumbled before grabbing some peach chips and turned to MK. "That's where you are wrong."

"The time that you ate all the Immortal Peaches that you were meant to guard?" MK said.

I shrugged. "That was a long time ago."

"When you kept annoying everyone at the Celestial Realm?" MK adds.

"Oh, I was just messing with Nezha." I waved it off.

"The time you picked a fight with--."

I shoved a peach chip into his mouth. "See, that right there is the problem. You stressed too much about the negatives. Focus is taking in everything, but honing in only on the one thing that matters. Right now, I'm talking to you while also honing in the speed of the wind, the moisture in the air, these 37 emails for my lawyer, the first 18 seasons of Monkey King: The Animated Series. The inner resonance of my soul that contemplate the fact that I am an immortal being, who will never be able to die. And that bug right over there. But..."

I eat another peach chip. "I'm paying attention to you. Take in everything, choose what you want to do, and then do it. That is focus."

MK rubs his head in confusion. "That sounds... super confusing, and like you're just constantly distracted."

"Or maybe, you just can't handle real focus?" I crossed my arms.

MK gasps. "I-I can totally focus. I focus all the time! In fact, the very next thing I do, is gonna be the most focused thing ever!"

I chuckled, watching him run off.

I went to grab another peach chip, but I realized it was gone.

I turned to the small group of monkeys beside me, looking directly at Chongo.

"Chongo." I put my hands my hips. "What did you do with my peach chips that I was just eating?"

Chongo chitters, gesturing wildly at Peanut.

Peanut looked at Chongo in offense.

"Peanut..." I looked over Peanut.

Peanut saw my gaze before he brought out the bag of peach chips.

"If you just asked, I would've given you some." I pet Peanut's head, giving him a peach chip, then turned to the rest of the monkeys. "Whose ready to go to my Shame Temple?"
______________________________________

I knew it was the Impossible Delivery episode the moment it mentioned focus.

So, instead of ordering 3 helpings of noodles for myself, I ordered 9 helpings of noodles.

One for me, Peanut, Coconut, Peaches, Plum, Banana, Tangerine, Chongo, and MK, for when he gets.

Unlike the episode, I'll treat it like an actual test like MK thought it was, which now, it will be one.

I turned to the monkeys, putting my hands together. "Okay, who wants to play hide and seek?"

All the monkeys zoomed off, finding a place to hide.

"Guess I'm it, ready or not, here I come." I started searching my Shame Temple for them.
______________________________________

"Pigsy's Noodles!" MK's bursts through the doors to my Shame Temple.

"MK, you made it." I smiled at him.

"Monkey Queen? Wait." MK gasps. "This was all a lesson to see if I could focus!"

"Yes, and you passed with flying colors." I pat his head, taking the bag that contains the noodles. "Also, have you seen Chongo. I was playing hide and seek, but he's the last one I need to find."

"Ah!" MK jumps as Chongo jumps from off the wall and lands on his head.

"There's the chonky boy." I sat him down with the other monkeys. "Come on, MK. The noodles are going to get cold."

"What?" He looks confused.

"I ordered enough for me, the monkeys, and you. I'm sure Pigsy will understand if you're a little late heading back." I sat down on a pillow, patting a pillow beside me.

MK sits down. "Thanks."

"No problem, bud." I handed him some noodles. "I'm always here if you need me. Whenever you want to talk or train, whatever you need me for."

MK smiled gently at me. "Okay."

A/n-Chapter is done, now to some of the angst.

Have a good day or night.

Next Up: Macaque.