Training

Peter's heart pounded as he approached the castle gates. His hands shook as he gripped onto his satchel tightly. Walking up the grand stairs. Part of him wanted to turn back, but it was the last day to really take this opportunity. If he dumped it he may lose any other chance to actually get to know his soulmate. He was on a pedestal after all. Far out of anyone's reach, and this was a one chance to grab at it. Sure he could just walk out with soulmate mark exposed, yet he feared Bryce would put on a front for him. Especially after he saw how Bryce acted during the ball. As he walked up to the grand doors. An armored hand grabbed his shoulder. "What do you think you are doing?" The guard asked sternly. 

"I'm here for a job." Peter replied as he opened his satchel and handed the card over. The guard examined it before handing it back over to Peter. "Follow me." He said as he began to walk off. Peter not knowing what else to do but follow. The guard led him further into the palace. Passing through the ball room, and by the storage area where he had dropped off the vegetables almost a week prior. Leading him down a hall where the women who had yelled at him had come from. That wasn't concerning at all. Peter took in a deep breath as he noticed several servants moving past him. About ready to go through the daily grind, yet seemingly wanting the day to end. Finally they ended up in front of a door with a plaque with the name Seria. The guard knocked twice before the door opened. 

"May I help you?" Peter recognized her as the woman who had greeted them when they made the drop off. When her eyes landed on Peter she appeared happily surprised. "Oh, are you the one Prince asked to be hired?" Peter nodded slowly before the woman was delighted. "Oh wonderful, I'm glad you've decided to take the job. Can you go get prince Bryce, while I get this young man into uniform?" The guard nodded before walking away as the woman left her office. "I am Seria Fawn. I am currently the head of staff here, and your name is?" "Peter Nest." Peter said as he shook her hand. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you, now please follow me. We have to put you in your uniform." Peter nodded as he followed her down the hall. More servants now looked over at them. A little confused by his presence as he walked closely behind Seria. Still feeling as nervous as ever as the two reached another door with a sign that read uniforms. Seria opened the door and flicked on the lights to reveal a rather spacious room. Lined with shelves and clothing racks. 

Seria scanned over the shirts and dress. "How tall are you?" Seria asked while looking over at pairs of black slacks. "Five foot eight." Peter answered as Seria looked through before handing him a pair of black slacks. Moving over to white shirts with silver buttons before handing him one and then crouching down. "What's your shoe size?" Seria asked as she looked down at black shoes. "Eight and half." He replied as she pulled out a pair of shiny black shoes and handed them over to him. Before finally handing him a black dress vest. "Back over there is a changing room." Peter nodded as he walked further back into the room before finding it at the back. With the clothes in his hands it was a little difficult to open the door, but he managed before walking in and changing out of his clothes. Folding them neatly before changing into his uniform. When he walked out Seria was waiting for him with a tie in her hand. "You look rather nice now we have to add the tie." She said before walking over and helping him by tying the tie around his neck. "I'll hold onto these and your satchel till the end of the day." Peter felt a bit uneasy lending his clothes over but it was better than carrying them around all day. As he did, another person stepped forward. 

"Ah Peter, Glad to see you took the offer. Are you still working the other job?" Peter nodded. "Yes, your highness. Only on weekends." Bryce nodded. "Alright follow me." It took Peter a moment to process that. He wanted him to follow him. Surely he would just be doing chores around the palace like the others. Peter did just that but every single step confused him more as they walked back to the ballroom, and upstairs besides the throne. "Uhm your highness. "Please call me Bryce." Okay, he was told he was allowed to do that at the ball, but that was under different circumstances. Surely this is different. "Okay. What exactly am I doing? Like what exactly am I doing while working here? I'm here to clean the palace right?" Bryce let out a laugh, just adding to Peter's confusion. Was he mocking him? "No, you're not here to clean or do any other sort of chores most of the staff does." "Then..." Peter was shushed as Bryce opened the door to reveal an office. "You are here to be my personal assistant." Peter stood in silence.