Right Under Your Nose

Bryce couldn't help but stare as Peter's chest rose and fell. He was rather surprised to see how quickly he fell asleep. Not to mention the fact that he started to grab his arm, and snuggle against it. Bryce could feel a bright red flush coming over his face. Surely it wouldn't hurt to just lay down next to him? Yeah, it wouldn't. He used his other hand to pull Peter closer. Letting him press his head up against his chest. His pulse almost shot through the roof. This was a rather bold action from him. It went beyond the boundaries of friends, let alone the personal assistant, and person. Yet everything felt fuzzy, as if he was on cloud nine when around him. Why did he feel like this? He knew he was allowed to find other people attractive. Yet he tended to act like he was more of a romantic interest then his actual soulmate. Still things they had in common were far too similar to be coincidences by now. The list was almost a mile long and yet there was just one thing stopping him from coming to the conclusion they are the same person. Angel is female, and Peter is male. Then again Angel's voice was rather lower in pitch. Sure there were plenty of women with deep voices. And Peter was the type who would avoid confrontation at all costs. But then again how would he have gotten the dress? Surely any dress shop would raise an eyebrow if a man purchased a dress, even if it was for a friend. Though the lead had been buried when he learned a rich elderly couple bought it a while back and gave it away during a Christmas gathering. Not to mention the fact that they did not have any children, grown or otherwise. It felt like his mind was torn between the two. Sure he knew he liked any gender, and while females were definitely more of his preference, he still didn't care. God this was stupid. He almost wished his soulmate mark would disappear at this point. Sure he wanted to have a partner that would be all his for the rest of life, yet at the same time he wanted to choose between them. He let out a low sigh as he looked back at Peter. He still had his glasses on. Bryce removed them so they wouldn't get broken which also caused him to leave Peter by himself. He needed something to take his mind off of this. He walked over to the balcony. Letting himself out to the nice weather. The sun was already starting to come down from its high perch. Peter would have to leave soon. Though Bryce did not want him to. Not yet at least. He almost wanted to keep Peter with him. For as long as he could.

Peter stirred as he began to open his eyes. Everything was blurry. Peter rubbed his eyes before realizing that his glasses were off. He looked over to his right and saw the familiar outline of them and put them on immediately. Then he noticed what room he was in. He felt himself turn into a tomato. He wanted to slap himself in the face. How could he allow himself to fall asleep at work? Not only that but in Bryce's room. Speaking of Bryce, where was he? He stood up and looked to his left before seeing the prince right there on the balcony. Staring into the now setting sun. How long had he been asleep? Bryce would possibly know. Peter walked over to him. It felt rather nice outside. "Hey." Bryce flinched a bit before giving him a smile. "Oh hey. How did you sleep?" Bryce asked with a smile. "Pretty good. Thank you for letting me sleep." Peter said as Bryce smiled brightly. "Yeah of course." Bryce replied as Peter noticed something was off. He seemed a little upset about something. 

"Are you okay? You look a little shaken up." Peter asked as Bryce sighed. "I've just been thinking about, you know, my soulmate." Peter nodded. What was he thinking about him? Was it lustful scenarios? What if it was bad stuff? Peter had let out an unknowing sigh. "Thinking about yours?" Bryce asked as Peter rolled his eyes. "I don't." Bryce went silent. "But what about you? What were you thinking about specifically?" Bryce leaned on one of his hands. "I keep wondering why she left me during the ball. I mean if we're bound by fate why do that?" Why was he guilting him now? "I don't know, maybe they couldn't handle the pressure." Peter said, trying to subtly hint to him. "I mean I know not everyone's ready to rule a kingdom, and of course they would be going through training for it, but why? I mean things can be taken slow." "Did you take it slow?" Peter asked back as Bryce sighed. "No, I don't know why I got so touchy. I'm not sure if it was the alcohol, or if I know deep down, but." Bryce sighed. "I would have never done that." Peter nodded, and now he felt worse. At this point he had led Bryce on to believe he would be with a woman, and now he was hung up on it. His chance was draining right in front of his eyes. "You seem awfully hung up about a woman who seems to not care about you." Bryce stood up. "I know, but it's not like I can change fate." Peter's hands clenched into fists. 

"And still, you chase after her." Peter muttered. "What else am I supposed to do? What do you want me to do?" Bryce shouted as he looked over at Peter. He didn't know why but that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Without thinking he grabbed Bryce by the lapels of his jacket and smashed their lips together. His body was shaking as tears were starting to form in his eyes before he parted the two. Bryce looked at him in surprise, and confusion, yet he feared all that there was behind the face was disgust. "I should go." Peter said as he began to walk away. He noticed his satchel placed by the door. Thudding footsteps followed him as he grabbed his arm. Deja vu struck him as he snatched his arm away from him. "Don't." Peter said before he ran out back to his home. That night Peter barely got any sleep. Tears streamed down his face as he sobbed into his pillow. He feared deep down he had fucked everything. His only relief was that he was working Angelica the next day, yet he feared going back. He may actually have to leave this kingdom now. Yet deep down he wanted to stay. He wanted Bryce to know. All of this wouldn't have happened if he had just had the courage to tell him right away. Now he feared what would happen next.      

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's ready for Byrce to figure it out?