Busy Day

When Peter arrived at the office, he expected everything to be normal. Though walking into Bryce's office proved anything but. As he was immediately handed over a large stack of papers. Thankfully Bryce carried another stack. Though Peter was sure he was carrying more, before he began to lead him away. "Where are we going?" Peter asked as he followed him further down the hall. "I have a meeting today with some of the guards today over the search for my soulmate." Peter nodded, holding back a gulp as that manhunt was for him. Though he noticed the slightest bit of sadness on his face. At first Peter thought keeping this secret would be easy, but with the days he had been spending with Bryce he was finding it harder to keep it a secret. God, it had only been four days and he was ready to crack. 

The meeting hall was nothing fancy. Just a large room with lots of windows, a large table and several guards sitting around. Several of them had looks of pity, others seemed rather annoyed. As if this had happened long enough. They walked to the head of the table placing the papers down at the front. Bryce looked over at him. "Coffee?" Peter asked as Bryce nodded. "Coffee." Bryce reopened as Peter left the room to go fetch his coffee. When he arrived at the kitchen, he was not expecting to see Rody rushing over to the sink with a covered pan before dousing it in cold water. Vince pinched his nose bridge before letting out an exasperated sigh. Muttering something intelligible before seemingly noticing Peter. "The prince wants his coffee?" Vincent asked as Peter nodded as Vincent ordered a different chef to make the coffee while Rody was making do with the burning pan. As usual Peter returned with the mug upstairs. Though the conversation he walked in on was starting to look rather heated. 

"Like I said before your highness, we have searched high and low." There has been no sign of your soulmate, and nobody has come forward with any information." One of the guards said, as Peter handed Bryce his coffee. He gave him a polite smile before turning back to the guards. "I am aware, and I have also been told by a lot of kingdoms that none of them have sightings of my soulmate." Bryce replied. "So, what do you want us to like barge in and demand to look at everyone to see if they have the mark?" One guard asked before noticing Peter. "Also, servant boy, can you go fetch me a coffee." The guard wasn't really asking, it was more of a demand. It annoyed Peter, but he wasn't really in any place to refuse. Though he didn't really want to. He decided to look over at Bryce for permission and was rather surprised to see the anger in his face. "Ask nicely and then maybe he'll get you one." Bryce said sternly, almost menacingly. Just then did the tension around the meeting really cloud. Quite a few of the guards seemed rather off put by it, and the one guard who asked seemed rather annoyed. "Will you please go fetch me a coffee." Peter nodded as he walked back down to the kitchen. Vincent seemed rather surprised to see him again. 

"Did he finish the coffee already?" He asked as Peter shook his head. "No, he's in a meeting right now, and one of the guards requested a coffee." With those words Vincent gave him the most intimating death stare he had ever seen. It disappeared in a matter of seconds as he turned back to look at his staff. Though it still left an uneasy feeling. Vincent brought two fingers up to his lips before whistling loudly. Everyone turned their attention to him. "Listen up, five of you have been moved to coffee brewer duty. Rody, James, Austin, Victoria, and Mia." Those five left the stations they were at before moving over to the back and began brewing coffee. Peter was confused. Afterall it was only one guard who requested it. "You'll thank me later." Vincent said as Rody came forth with a mug, on a tray. Peter brought it back up and gave it to the guard. "So, you are suggesting that we start implementing a system where we have documentation of peoples soulmate marks?" With that Peter dropped the tray. Catching everyone's attention. "Sorry." He muttered before ducking down to pick it up. 

"Hey servant boy!" That name was going to get annoying. "His name is Peter." Bryce interjected as Peter stood up to see the guard rolling his eyes, "Okay, fetch us three a coffee please. Peter looked over at Bryce who shrugged. The decision was left up to him now. As much as Peter wanted to hear about a possible new policy, he is fearful things may get out of hand. So, he went back to the kitchen with his heart pounding. If they started implementing a policy where they had to document soulmate marks that could be bad news for him. They would be on him in seconds. Yet at the same time, Peter kind of hoped it passed soon. Maybe then he wouldn't have to keep lying to him. When he arrived at the kitchen, he was handed more coffee cups. Enough to fill his entire tray before he was assured back to the meeting room. Peter felt bad about the amount of coffee that may be wasted from this as he made the journey back to the meeting room. Despite being used to having to stand for long periods of time, his legs were starting to feel tired. It was quite a ways away from the meeting room to the kitchen. Two flights of stairs and a few maze of halls. When he returned some other guards seemed surprised about his return with multiple cups of coffee. 

Not just for the three who had asked. As those who wanted it would raise their hand. Though one guard didn't seem pleased about his new found peace. Peter just chose to ignore it, as the group weighed the pros and cons about having a document system for soulmate marks. Then like clockwork before seemingly deciding a final answer. "Hey Peter, can you fetch me some creamer?" Peter was mildly annoyed by it, but figured why not, so he made his way down the stairs again. His legs were practically shaking, though when he came back to the kitchen he was given more coffee cups. Though there was still room on the tray for more. Vince raised a brow when he didn't leave immediately before having his usual annoyance on his face. "They wanted creamer?" Peter nodded, as Vincent turned back. "RODY!" Rody immediately snapped his head over in the direction. "CREAMER." Vincent shouted as Rody nodded before grabbing coffee creamer from the fridge before placing it on the chair. Once again he went back upstairs and gave the rest of the guards coffee before giving several of them creamer. 

All was once again going well, but Peter was incredibly thirsty, not to mention the start of sweating. Then suddenly he tripped. Looking down he could see one guard moving a foot back before colliding with the floor. Creamer spilled onto the floor, on his shirt, and in his hairs. A large amount of laughter rang through the room as he began to pick himself up. He took a shaky breath in, fearful to even shed a tear. Especially after he heard a pair of hands slam into the table. "The meeting is momentarily put on hold. I will return later." Bryce said sternly as Peter began to pick up his tray before hearing footsteps approaching him. Peter felt his body tensed up as the steps stopped by him. 

"Peter, come with me." A silent amount of ooooo's were heard from the guards before Bryce gave them a nasty stare. Peter followed and he wasn't sure if his body was shaking out of exhaustion or fear. They went back down to the second floor before he was led to a room across from Bryce's office. Based on the massive bed placed against the wall, it was clear it was his bedroom. Across from them was a large window with a pair of glass doors leading to a balcony, and the view of a private bathroom to the right. As soon as the door shut Peter felt his lips quivered. The silence was killing him right now. "I'm sorry." Peter blurted out as Bryce was making his way over to the bathroom. He immediately paused before turning around so fast he would've gotten whiplash. 

"I beg your pardon?" Peter looked at him confused. "For tripping and dropping the tray." Peter replied as Bryce looked at him rather pitifully. "You don't have to apologize for that. It was an accident." Bryce said as he walked into the bathroom. "Then why did you bring me in here?" Peter asked as he followed Bryce over only to feel a towel on his head as Bryce began to move it through his hair, and on his face. "To dry you off? What else would I do?" Peter opened his mouth to speak before closing it. He wasn't ready to tell him any of that. "Just never mind." Bryce hummed. "I'll go down with you so I can get someone to clean up the mess." Bryce said as he placed the towel in a hamper. "Are you sure? I can clean it up myself?" Peter said as Bryce began walking to the doors. "No it's fine. Besides, it gives you a break from that." Peter nodded as the two walked downstairs.

The meeting went on until lunch and even then he was still tortured while walking almost all over the palace. Finally it was afternoon, and now he was exhausted. "Here's the papers you need." Peter said through painted breaths. He honestly felt like he was about to pass out. "Are you okay man?" Bryce asked as Peter nodded. Bryce sighed as he stood up. "No you're not, you look like you are about to pass out." Peter shrugged. "I'll be fine." Peter replied as Bryce walked over to him. Peter followed as he was led back to Bryce's bedroom. "What do you need here?" Peter asked as Bryce sat down and patted his bed. "You need a nap, so please take one." Bryce replied as Peter gave him a polite smile and shook his head. "No, I don't need it." Peter replied, which was a big lie. He so desperately wanted one right now. Bryce looked up at him slightly annoyed but still showed some concern. "Please." Peter sighed, "Fine I'll lie down at least." Peter replied as he sat on the bed, kicking off his shoes before lying on his bed. It was rather comfortable to his surprise. Not to mention the silence around him. Slowly he drifted off to sleep.