Chapter 21

“What do you mean?” Rufus hid his emotions well, but his sense of growing anxiety increased with his pulse.

                The girl in the pink dress looked at the wall. Sadness littered her eyes as she looked over at the people she has been traveling with; her friends.

                “When we were there the Cetra had carvings engraved onto the walls,” Reeve crossed his arms uncomfortably. “It shows a giant meteor hitting Gaia. They prayed to the life stream to make it stop, but it did come with a price. They gave up their lives in order to protect Gaia.”

                She looked at the blond SOLDIER. His eyes reminded her so much of her first love. He died and he was gone. She looked back at the walls and what her people did.

                “There’s a Black Materia in the temple. Cait Sith is solving a puzzle in order for the others to retrieve it. They’re going to keep it out of Sephiroth’s hands. We believe that this Black Materia is able to summon the same Meteor that threatened to destroy Gaia. Also, we think that Professor Gast made a mistake when identifying Jenova.”

                “What do you mean?”

                “Jenova is what attempted to kill the planet with the Meteor. She’s what caused the Cetra to sacrifice themselves. She wasn’t a Cetra.”

                When they weren’t looking she snuck away. Tears threatened to flow down her face, but she wouldn’t show it. She wouldn’t show that she was scared out of her mind. She knew that he, her first love, must have felt the same all the time. And yet, the only time he cried was when his friend died, and she comforted him.

                “We believe that Sephiroth is heading north, to the crater,” Reeve spoke.

                “Crater?” Rufus spoke.

                She didn’t have anyone to comfort her now. No, she had to do this on her own. She was the last of her people. She had to do this. She had to go to--

                “Where Meteor hit Gaia previously.”

                Her ears echoed with the voices of the planet. They were becoming louder and louder. She supposed it was because she accepting who she really was. Now, they told her what she must do in order to save everyone. She would have to pray to the life stream.

                “We think that Sephiroth’s body is there.”

                “Body?” Rufus questioned confused.

                “Every time we see him it hasn’t been his actually body,” Reeve spoke. “We’re still not entirely sure what is going on. It may be an illusion, or it may be some sort of Materia. But if Sephiroth is anywhere, it’d be there. Where Jenova attempted to destroy the planet.”

They sacrificed themselves in order for others to live and for the planet to live. They as sacrificed themselves for what they loved.

She loved her friends and the planet they lived on.